News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

About price rounding

Started by jabba, March 15, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabba

Hello! I need help to configure my virtuemart in order not to have problems with VAT roundings.
Please take a look at the attachment.

The table headers are: SKU, Name, Price WITH VAT, Price WITHOUT VAT, Q.ty, VAT, TOTAL

I have, in the first row, Oranges that costs 1.43+4% VAT --> 1,4872€ --> rounded to 1,49€

But 1,49 * 8 --> 11.92€ (but there i have 11.90€)

That's because the multiply is 1,4872€ * 8 = 11,8976 --> rounded to 11,90€

In the 2nd attachment you will find my prices configuration. How can i set it to avoid this problems?
Thank you!

EDIT: joomla version 3.8.5 -- virtuemart version 3.2.12 -- PHP 7.0.11
Gianluca Gabella - CEO & Web Developer @ Pixed - www.pixed.it

jabba

Hello! I was trying some experiments.
Deselecting "round on video only" i get the right prices but VAT are completly wrong: please see the screen.

Is there a way to round VAT without decimals?
Thank you

lausianne

Have you been able to find a solution yet?
It may be related to my issue here: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=139642.msg491349#msg491349
... still looking for a solution there.

jabba

Hello, i've solved using a commercial extension to generate invoices (i don't know if i can link it here). That extension let you choose how many decimals VATs can have.
Bye.

lausianne

Thanks for your reply. Why would you not be allowed to link to an extension? I'd appreciate if you did.

jabba

i don't know if I can advertise extensions... anyway it's this one: https://www.artio.net/virtuemart-tools/vm-invoice-generator (moderator will remove the link if not permitted :) )
It's not just a PDF generator.. you can edit orders and lot of stuff with this extension.
Bye

lausianne

I got the extension, works well. Thanks, jabba!