News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Two Problems

Started by DJWezzz, March 14, 2018, 16:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJWezzz

Good day,

Currently I am reasonably new with Virtuemart but with joomla years of experience.
However, I run into two problems, which I would like to get your help with it.
I use the following versions:
PHP 5.6.34 -> PHP 7.1
Joomla 3.8.6
Virtuemart 3.2.12
Problem 1, Adding second product gives Failure (Not reported on debug mode).
I would like to manage the product of the supplier from the backend. There are 2 managers and 10 suppliers (called vendor on virtuemart?).

What I did and how you could reconstruct yourself.

-   No files at FTP www root.
-   Download the most recent Full installer includes Joomla 3.8.3 with VirtueMart 3.2.12 installed
-   Upload all files to www root
-   Completed the installation.
-   Install Sample data virtuemart
-   Set safepath
-   Check Box administrated multi-vendor.
-   Set shop language to English
-   At joomla I set
-   Allow User Registration YES
-   Going to front-end and regrister the VENDOR2
-   Accept email url
-   Going to Joomla back-en user management.
-   Assigned VENDOR 2 to Super User
-   Going to VirtueMart Shoppers and make VENDOR2 a Vendor
-   Add new product and set at field vendor  VENDOR 2
-   Fill other needed fields with sample data.
-   Press Safe & Close.
-   Add new product

At this moment there is a error:
Error
COM_VIRTUEMART_ALERTNOTAUTHOR

Problem 2. When you add a product with field vendor are set to: VENDOR2 the VAT calculation module is not correct. (VATTAX(+%) are 21% )
When I set final at 10 and check Calculate the Cost price the will be added 21%.
At this moment the cost price will be 10 and the final price 12.
When i do the same at the main vendor, there are no problems.

I have tested on two different hosting company's.

I hope someone could help me further.
Sincerely,
Wesley

Jörgen

Where Do You see this Vat calculation ? The Vat calculation You see in backend is the same as if vendor2 would buy the product.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

DJWezzz

Hello Jörgen,

Thanks for fast reply. I have upload a movie to show what i did.
https://youtu.be/vwTWpcjM_cE
I think this explain it easier.

Sincerely,
Wesley

Milbo

"-   Assigned VENDOR 2 to Super User"

This makes no sense! Someone working with the store is not another vendor. Another vendor can be an own legal entity. Please read http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/211-multivendor.html
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

DJWezzz

I thought I should choose multi vendor for this. I am looking for an opportunity to know which importer to order the sold items. Is there an option to choose the supplier / importer?

I want to be able to manage the products myself. The suppliers therefore do not add the products themselves.

aftertaf

hey
i use the 'manufacturers' feature for the suppliers.

DJWezzz

Thanks, that could be a possibility. But that is not desirable, all 103 manufactures have already been added. I also want the customer to sort on manufactures and that also works now.

DJWezzz

Does anyone have an idea how should this be? I can not continue with the manuals. There must be something that admin management can perform on products from the suppliers? And calculation rules of VAT seems to me a BUG at the moment.

jenkinhill

If your vendors are not adding products to the site or managing their orders then multi-vendor is the wrong way to do this. Like aftertal I would use manufacturers for your suppliers.  VAT issues are usually configuration issues, or rarely a misunderstanding of how VAT, rounding etc works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DJWezzz

Thanks, problem 1 will be solved when i use VENDOR2 credentials. It's not the best solution, but I can live with it. VAT problem  Only the VAT problem remains as can be seen in the youtube movie.

https://youtu.be/vwTWpcjM_cE

DJWezzz

Quote from: Milbo on March 15, 2018, 15:09:50 PM
"-   Assigned VENDOR 2 to Super User"

This makes no sense! Someone working with the store is not another vendor. Another vendor can be an own legal entity. Please read http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/211-multivendor.html

Thanks Milbo, i have read the manual a lot of times.

Unfortunately without a working result. I have tried to apply per vendor VAT rule. This produces the same result. I have done without VAT calculation and then the gross and net price remains the same, that is correct.

Furthermore, the whole website is finished and everything works perfectly. I would like to live with the site.

The vat setting:

I really hope someone can help me further.

Jörgen

This shows 21 % In Your example You used 20 % tax. What happens if You reset final cost price to 10, tick calculate final cost price and press save ? Does it work then. Doing a lot of assignment (manufacturer, category etc) at once seems to break the cost price calculation.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

DJWezzz

That's right, 20% was standard data, but in the Netherlands this should be 21%. When I leave the cost price empty and tick calculate final cost price then the same result as in the video on the right. The price is moved from final to cost price and adds 21% to it (so double).

I have tried this in a clean installation, clean with basic installation of VM, but also with an installation filled with manufacter, categories etc. But in everything the same result.

DJWezzz

Should you end up on this topic? The problem involved a bug with multivendor and was resolved in the version of VirtueMart 3.2.14 and later. Thanks Max.