Author Topic: Need help in creating e-commerce website  (Read 2506 times)

ahess

• Beginner
  • A beginner
Need help in creating e-commerce website
« on: March 14, 2018, 14:36:56 pm »
Hello Guys,

I had a showroom of the cars & bikes & to enhance my business I want to create an e-commerce website on the Joomla platform. As many of my friends has also suggested this. But I didn’t find the best template till yet. I like to have my website just like this website(https://autoportal.com) but it is made on the PHP platform and I need to create it on  the Joomla platform. It will be a big help for me if anyone please provide me  automotive template similar to the mention website.

Thanks in Advance

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
  • Joomla & Virtuemart addon developper
    • Studio 42 - Virtuemart & Joomla extentions
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6 & 3.0.x.y
Re: Need help in creating e-commerce website
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 17:32:18 pm »
Do you know how Joomla work ?
If you find a similar Joomla template, you can use some modules to display featured for eg, or last products.
For the product details view, i dont think that you want display same information, so in all case you have to rework the styling and PHP overrides.
The other featurer*s of this website is custom work or you need to use HMTL editor to insert the content.
In all case to do a similar shop, you have to check with a Joomla & Virtuemart developer or find a template and use only the included feature.

ahess

• Beginner
  • A beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:02:46 am »
Thank you :)

Carla005

• Beginner
  • A beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 00:39:07 am »
Hi, that answer was actually very helpful for me too. I run an e-commerce website, it's in jewelry niche - for now this is only a portfolio but I wish to make it online store one day on Joomla platform (now the site looks like this: http://www.stonesdiamonds.com ) Do you think I would be able to do it myself or I should hire a Joomla dev?

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 12:28:22 pm »
stonesdiamonds only display image, most template display additional information(eg. name). If you dont know some PHP, it's hard to change the design but it's possible if you have time to do it.
Another question in your case is that the customer have to chose a ring Size for eg ? Does this need to have stock ?
If you need variant per rings, this can be a long task for a casual user, so certainly it's better to pay someone or get help, if you dont want spend 2 months to build your shop.

Carla005

• Beginner
  • A beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 16:42:02 pm »
Thank you. I did my research and came to the conclusion I will hire someone probably via Upwork. :)

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 17:21:31 pm »
Thank you. I did my research and came to the conclusion I will hire someone probably via Upwork. :)
Note that in the forum, you have Virtuemart and Joomla spemildt(see the number of post to know developer having experience) and i do hired job if you need someone.
Most of this help the development of Virtuemart to, i dont think that developers registered in Upwork help to Joomla or Virtuemart Project.

Carla005

• Beginner
  • A beginner
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 23:58:01 pm »
Okay, thanks. Can I contact you on PM for more info?

webkul

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • eCommerce On Salesforce
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 09:09:22 am »

Hi,

I am from Webkul, https://webkul.com/, we are among world top companies  in eCommerce solution, please check our store, https://store.webkul.com/Joomla-Extensions.html.
It is requested to you kinldy connect  so that we can discuss in details about your eCommerce requirments.