News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3 PayPal Standard plugin not automatic redirecting to PayPal site

Started by AzMandius, March 14, 2018, 14:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzMandius

Hi!

My system specifications are:
Joomla! 3.8.1
VirtueMart 3.2.12
Purity III 1.2.1 template

Not sure if this is Virtuemart issue, PayPal plugin issue, or template issue, but decided to give it a try on Virtuemart forum as well.

The problem is when confirming the purchase, the process gets stuck on "Please wait while redirecting to PayPal" page (http://ivacademynetv2temp.esy.es/en/market). Please see the screenshot:

Now i feel kind of sure it is a Virtuemart issue, because as suggested on template forum, i have switched to default Joomla template - Protostar, and the problem is same, stuck on this screen until i manually click the button:

It is interesting to note that upon manually clicking on the button, the redirect to PayPal payment page actually happens, and works correctly.

I was wondering if this is a bug that could be fixed and get the automatic redirect work as expected traditionally.

Thanks!
AzBlog.me | Mentally healthy content & lnks.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AzMandius

Yep, mentioned that in my post:
Quote from: AzMandius on March 14, 2018, 14:28:55 PM
i feel kind of sure it is a Virtuemart issue, because as suggested on template forum, i have switched to default Joomla template - Protostar, and the problem is same, stuck on this screen until i manually click the button:

Of course I am aware my Joomla it is not up to date, but it is unlikely that this is the reason of this Virtuemart bug, besides - i will apply the Joomla update as soon as i will check that all customization work has been done using the proper override technique, but for now i need to fix this vital bug.

Ghost

Did you make any changes now? Because I don't even see the Paypal redirect page. When I click order, I instantly get 'Thank you for your order!' message.

If anything, you should try disabling your one page checkout extension. I suspect its AJAX functionality is causing both issues.

AzMandius

You are right Ghost, it is about the one page checkout plugin, I'll just trash it. Issue solved, kind of. Thanks all.