News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Offline Credit Card Processing

Started by bockey, March 12, 2018, 08:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bockey

Hello,

I'm thinking to purchase 3rd party extension for Offline CC Processing, so I would like to know few things. First: when someone make payment using the credit card, I got the info about his card under VM > Orders.

1) How do I process it, using the CC processing terminal?
2) Does payment goes to my bank account directly?
3) What prevents me to misuse the CC number of buyer?

Thanks.

alatak

hello

You bank can inform you about this. It is a small terminal that you must have that enables you to make transaction with the CC number of your client.
This plugin does not store at the same place the full credit card number and the CVV. TO make it PCI compliance you must have a SSL connection.
There is a order status option that deletes the information stored encrypted in the database once you have processed the  transaction.
It is your responsability not to misuse the information given by your client.

bockey

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I already have SSL connection on my site. When I purchase CC Processing terminal, I need to connect it with my bank account first in order to get payment directly?

Can you tell me in short what is the procedure after someone make payment with debit card? DO I need to type price and his card number on the terminal?

Thanks.

alatak

Hello

I do not know the exact procedure in all the countries.
I think the best is that you ask your bank how it works in your case.

bockey

Yes, you are right....but generally, I ll need to type price and buyer`s CC on the terminal in order to proceed?

alatak

jenkinhill

@bockey a card terminal connects to a card processing service (a merchant service provider) which checks card details for validity etc and then transfers the payment (less their fee) into your business bank account.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

The Payment terminal provider will expect you to sign a merchant services agreement.

It would be easier if you had said what "terminal" you are going to use.

They will also expect you to validate your compliance with PCI standards on an regular basis (usually annually)  This may be via an online tool provided by themselves.
If your are storing credit card and CVV data for later use on any system - those systems will form part of any PCI compliance audit/test.  SSL does not make you compliant on its own.

If you are doing PAN key entry of card data - they Payment Services Provider will treat such transactions as CNP (Cardholder Not Present)  Your service and terminal must be configured to accept such payments - which are deemed to be of far greater risk than Cardholder present transactions where a PIN (in most regions) is used to validate the transaction.

As a result of "riskier" transactions - your bank account may not be credited for the transaction (less fees) immediately - there is a time for "clearing" which may be a number of days as your risk of chargebacks is far greater.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0