News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order Status "Pending" Auto Selection Case

Started by xenofon, March 08, 2018, 15:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenofon

Hi all,

I am using VirtueMart 3.0.9.4 installed on Joomla 3.6.5.

My question is really simple and maybe too easy for a quick solution for many of you in here.

Into Orders area of VirtueMart, if I choose to change status of an order to "Pending" and I wish to notify shopper too, I have to select from the drop down "Pending" , then select "Notify shopper?" next to it, then select the checkbox of the whole order (left of order number) and after these 3 moves I am ready to click "Update order status" button.

I wish to make fewer moves, and that means that I want to make "Pending - P" to autoselect "Notify shopper?" and checkbox of the whole order automatically, if I select it for one or multiple orders.

VirtueMart enables this function (auto selection) for specific order statuses that you want if you go to "Configuration -> Checkout Tab -> Default Order Status to send email to shopper Setting" and you set in this box the order status(es) that you wish to auto select "Notify shopper?" and main order checkbox BUT all order statuses are available to be selected except "Pending - P". How and why is that possible? Why system is not showing Pending order status to be selected for this setting?

How can I solve it and select "Pending - P" into this configuration box so orders are going to be auto-selected automatically like the others?

Best Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

Create another status that emails as well

Call it "Pending"

Plus update your VM it is painfully out of date!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

xenofon

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

First of all, I am not able to update for many reasons, but let's leave this behind and focus on the problem.

Secondly, I do not want to create another Order Status, sorry for didn't mention that before, I need main "Pending" to do the job for me.

Best Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

Status P is excluded in base VM from sending emails as you can see from your current system and confiugration

You either create another status and use that or you do not have the functionality without base code "hacks"

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

xenofon

Hi,

Yes! Yes! You said the magic word that I wanted. "Core Hack". Let's find which function and in which file is located to change this behavior.

That is what I want.

Best Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

I do not know what hack you would need to do.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

We do support core hacks, as this usually makes subsequent essential updates difficult so shop owners end up with websites running old and potentially insecure versions. You could maybe write a plugin to achieve what you want to do, but you would still have an insecure store just ready for hackers to exploit.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xenofon

Hi,

I believe that we have lost completely the point here.

I have done one specific question as I have a problem with the way that I work for my company. I mentioned that update and changing this order status with another one is not an option for me and I keep receiving same answers.

Please let's focus on the point. I want to make it work that way. Update, safety, etc is my problem as we know.

Please, if someone does not know how I am going to solve this issue, even with a core hack, do not answer, cause "main meaning" is going to be lost. If someone is eligible to help, let's start the conversation.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

Maybe you should post your request in the paid support boards
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

xenofon

Hi,

Please if possible guide me there. Give me a link.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

xenofon

Hi,

Thank you for this.

Here I consider this as CLOSED.