News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Ask a question being blocked by SPAM filter

Started by ste-jackson, March 05, 2018, 16:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ste-jackson

Dear All

I have a site running Joomla 3.8.1 and Virtuemart 3.2.4, we are experiencing intermittent issue with the "ask a question" function.  Our hosting company is marking some of it as SPAM, they have previously changed there settings which seemed to fix the issue but now it has started again.  They have advised it is because the from email address (website) and the reply to (customers) email address are different.  Is there anyway to change the from address to be the reply to address (customers).

Also is there a way to change it so that when we update Virtuemart it does't override it again and default back to current settings?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Sorry if I have missed any info etc I haven't posted on the forum in while.

Thanks

Steve

jenkinhill

You are a few versions behind, you should consider updating  for security reasons.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Does changing the setting for "Use the vendor email address" in Configuration/emails make any difference?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ste-jackson

Dear Kelvyn

Thank you for your reply.  I have updated VM to latest version VirtueMart 3.2.12, but the result is still the same.

The issue is the address Virtuemart / Joomla is using to send the email is the one entered in Joomla Control Panel, but for the SPAM filter it needs to be the customers email address so the reply to address and from email address are the same.

Regards

Steve