News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Second shipping method not working

Started by gofer123, March 02, 2018, 00:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gofer123

Hi,
Having trouble getting a second shipping method to work. The first one is weight of .300 grams to 3kg That works fine but the second which is from 3.1kg to 5kg will not work and this message displays "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order." I have followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYzj1rawGM   to the letter but can't get it to work in the front end if I try and order goods that are over 3kg.
Would appreciate any advise, thanks.
PHP 7.0.23
Virtuemart VirtueMart 3.2.12
Joomla Joomla! 3.8.5

jenkinhill

Doublecheck check that both tabs for your two shipping methods are configured exactly the same except for Shipment Name, Lowest Weight and Highest Weight and that both methods are published.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gofer123

Thanks for the reply Kelvyn, checked all those settings and still no luck, will keep experimenting.
BTW as I'm using metric settings, should I select Kilograms or grams?
Cheers

gofer123

I fixed it!  I used Kilograms as before but changed the setting to 3.01 to 5000 rather than just 5.
Cheers

Studio 42

Use for first
min weight 0.300 max weight 2.999
second
min weight 3.000 max weight 5
Note that if you have to accept more then 5 kg, then remove the max weight
If you have 2 products, weight is cumulated, eg 2x3kg = 6

gofer123

Thanks for that Studio 42, I mentioned in my previous post I used Kilo's but that turned out be unreliable so will try your solution. Much appreciated.
Cheers

gofer123

That worked perfectly, many thanks.
Cheers