News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

notification not sent: Forgot your username? Forgot your password?

Started by diette, February 26, 2018, 19:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diette

joomla 3.8.5
virtuemart 3.2.12
php 5.6.33
my client's site is https

on the shopping cart page, registered user may login.  ISSUE: notification/email does not get sent for "Forgot your username?" nor "Forgot your password?".  both inbox and spam/junk box have been double-checked.  (an email is sent when initially registering though, so this is functioning properly)

this functioned prior to updates.  please aid in resolving the issue, any direction would be helpful.

jenkinhill

Password reset and username reminder are both sent using Jooml's user component. The reminder URL will be something like index.php/component/users/?view=remind&Itemid=101  - ie it is not using VirtueMart to send the mail. Check the server mail logs to see if mail is actually being sent. Maybe publish Jooml's login module to your template and try the reminder links from there.
If you are using template overrides you should check that the links are correct - maybe publish Jooml's login module to your template arne try the reminder links from there.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

diette

Thank you for your reply, it gave me a place to start looking. I have finally resolved the issue:

The links were directing to ..."/register?view=remind" & ..."/register?view=reset" while all components and templates were coded to ..."/index.php?option=com_users&view=remind" & ..."/index.php?option=com_users&view=reset". 

In the backend I added new:   menu item > user > password reset & menu item > user > username reminder request, into a hidden menu.

This changed the link url on all the instances where "Forgot your username?" & "Forgot your password?" appear (login, register, cart, checkout, etc).

Hopefully this helps someone else who may come across the same issue... i logically assumed it was an override of the virtuemart component.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum