News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Redirect Account Maintenance on login

Started by sean_nwfs, February 22, 2018, 21:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean_nwfs

We're running into an issue with a couple of clients who can't figure out how to login and then go to our store via the VM Account Maintenance menu. Is it possible to have the account maintenance redirect our users to our store when they login?

Joomla 3.8.5
VM 3.2.12
Joomla 3.9.12
VM 3.6.4 10187

Milbo

You mean for example a redirect to the homepage?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

As a registered shopper can log in using the Joomla login module you can set the Login Redirection Page there. You could have that login module show on all pages, or even an article page showing the login module and reached by a menu item like "Login". Or is that too obvious?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sean_nwfs

We're mostly using this for a specific shopper group who will have to update their shipping address which is why we are just trying to use the account maintenance.  It's really just a few vocal clients who don't like needing to create an account but it's the best way for us to hide certain products. We have them login via account maintenance and then they just sit at this page wondering what to do. I thought having them click on the store link at the top of the page was sufficient but I clearly don't understand how people work sometimes.  Is it possible to redirect back to someplace like Milbo said, the homepage, or ideally the store or even be able to customize the account maintenance page itself so it has a link on it?
Joomla 3.9.12
VM 3.6.4 10187