RESOLVED: problem using Standard Payment for $0.00 order totals (via coupons)

Started by safire, February 15, 2018, 22:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safire

JM 3.8.5; VM 3.2.12; AwoCoupon 2.5.9.3; PHP 7.0x

I am using AwoCoupon for coupons and gift certificates. In the rare instance when an order total is $0.00 I've setup a VM standard payment to display as payment option. I configured it with these values:
Minimum Amount: 0
Maximum Amount: 0

The problem is this payment method is displaying even when total amount is over 0.  :-\ (selecting it will complete checkout without any payment needed.)

(I setup Paypal for Minimum Amount 0.01 and it correctly disappears when order total is 0.00)

If I setup VM standard payment with Maximum Amount: 0.01, then it is correctly hidden for orders over 0.01 but is unselectable. (Selecting it refreshes page and it reverts to unselected.)

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get this working properly. :)

Studio 42

Have you try using
Maximum Amount: 0.001 ?
If Maximum is empty, it mean Do not check Maximum, so you see it for any prices

safire

yes, I've tried many amounts including 0.001.

I should have also mentioned that Offline Credit Card payment remains visible as a payment option even when total is 0.00 (I've contacted the developer of this.) If I can get Offline Credit Card payment hidden then the Standard payment option should be automatically selected and my problem solved.

Studio 42

Test with Maximum Amount: 1.00 if all other product have price over 1.00

Studio 42

Hi, you can buy my plugin here https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/shipment-rules.htm, i developped it for my own customer (having more features as core shipment) and added it in the shop in case you dont find a solution.

safire

Resolved. I contacted developer of Offline Credit Card plugin. Plugin was updated to work as expected: when set to Minimum Amount 0.01, that payment option dissappears when cart total is 0.00. This left the Standard Payment option alone and pre-selected.