News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Length of the description field [SOLVED]

Started by Geppux, February 03, 2018, 18:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geppux

J 3.8.4 - VM 3.2.12

I made a search about this problem and I found solutions that don't work for me as changing some values in the virtuemart.cfg (but I don't have the values suggested to change) or modifying tableupdater.php (I did it but nothing changed).
May be those solutions were for different versions of VM, so, what can I do to increase the length of the description field (increase the product_desc  varchar to an amount higher than 18400 directly in the db doesn't help because I recive an error)
Thank you.
Giuseppe

Studio 42

Have you try changing to TEXT type in your DB ?

Geppux

I modified in LongText and it seems ok now.
Thank you.
Giuseppe

Milbo

Quote from: Geppux on February 03, 2018, 18:36:30 PM
J 3.8.4 - VM 3.2.12

I made a search about this problem and I found solutions that don't work for me as changing some values in the virtuemart.cfg (but I don't have the values suggested to change)

You must just add them. just use the dblayoutstrict=0 the hack of Patrick works for now, but the db is reset when you udpte and truncates your text.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member