Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Category layout not listed

Started by javerleo, February 09, 2018, 17:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javerleo

Hello.

I use Joomla 3.8.5 and Virtuemart 3.2.12

I need to use a separate theme/template for Virtuemart store and cart, since default site template doesn't behave well on mobile devices. So I intend to use a free Virtuemart template which is fully responsive. In backend Configuration >> Templates >> Template and layouts I already selected the new template for both Select the default template for your Shop and Category Template. The problem is dropdown list for Category Layout is not showing the custom layouts introduced by the new template (the names are "vertical" and "horizon"). In other words, it seems Virtuemart is not using the template overrides defined in folder templates/vmnewtemplate/html/. The corresponding store and cart menu items are assigned to the new template also. Additionally, the cart module in the header is not using the styling from the new template, despite the rest of Virtuemart store and cart do use the new styling.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

jenkinhill

There is no way we can have knowledge of this "free VirtueMart template" unless you say what it is called and wjhere you got it from. Is is compatible with the current VM version?

Category override files should be in templates/vmnewtemplate/html/com_virtuemart/category/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

javerleo

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 09, 2018, 18:03:37 PM
There is no way we can have knowledge of this "free VirtueMart template" unless you say what it is called and wjhere you got it from. Is is compatible with the current VM version?

Category override files should be in templates/vmnewtemplate/html/com_virtuemart/category/

Thanks for your answer jenkinhill.

The template is Free Air Conditioning from Template Monster. This is the link:

https://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates/responsive-air-conditioning-virtuemart-template-53167.html

I installed a demo site with the downloaded quickstart package of this template and works fine. The difference is that I use it as a second theme, only for Virtuemart related pages. The PHP scrips with the custom layouts are in the right folder.

Any clues?

jenkinhill

Returning to this topic, I have since found that the template quick-start package had some missing VM default template files. I have no idea why these had been deleted by the developer, but on installing a later version of VM those missing files were re-instated. Unfortunately the template then showed other issues which I have not explored. I guess that's why it was free..... 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum