"Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item" only in password recovery

Started by eclipsada, January 30, 2018, 12:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eclipsada

Hi,
I know this is an old issue and I already tried every solution I found...
This only shows when a user tries to recover the password (and it works just fine).
I have virtuemart component and password recovery menus assigned both in all languages as in portuguese.
When I submit my e-mail I get the warning...

What am I missing?
Any ideas?

Virtuemart 3.2.8
Joomla 3.8.2

Thank you

eclipsada

jjk

From your screenshots it looks like you have a language file problem. Did you install the Portuguese language files from here? http://virtuemart.net/community/translations
Where you see  COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE in your menu configuration, it should display:
English: "VirtueMart Front page"
Portuguese: "Layout padrĂ£o do VirtueMart"
You can enable 'Debug Language' in the Joomla administration to locate errors in the language files.

If Portuguese is your only installed language, try to set the menu item to language= All. If you use another language too, you will probably have to assign the language tag for the menu item in the other language menu, too.

Perhaps you should also consider to use the VirtueMart 'category' menu item type instead of the deprecated frontpage menu item. This will give you more options for finetuning the website.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

Hi,
You can add virtuemart item menu links wihtout adding a module, so this is hidden and you dont see anymore the message.

eclipsada

Hi,
Thank you for your answers.

Studio 42, I tried that but with no luck.

jjk,
Yes I did, I don't know why that string is missing but it's not that important since everything is working fine.

But I finally figured it out!!!

I had 2 virtuemart components assigned to menus, as mentioned before (one in PT and another one for all languages).
My mistake was that my homepage was the menu for all languages. As soon as I changed it to the PT menu the error disappeared.

yay!