News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Which extension to use for bulk wholeasle price update

Started by MKI-Miro, February 08, 2018, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKI-Miro

Hi

I need to add/update second price for products (price for wholesale shopper group). How do you do it? or which extensions is able to do it?

Thanks

Studio 42

I don't know, if you was contact me for vm be pro today,
but adding a column "old price" with the sku,npm or gtin and new price, you can batch import(and update) the prices with vm be pro.
If you include other column as discount or tax, this are updated too.

AH

I would prefer a solution that does not require you to have to specify the current price when updating.

My approach is to Check these fields on an input file:-

virtuemart_product_id,  virtuemart_shoppergroup_id, price_quantity_start, price_quantity_end, product_currency

Ensure virtuemart_product_id and shopper_group is on file
Update current price if these fields are equal
Add new if they are not

Note that these two entries are normally "0" ( price_quantity_start, price_quantity_end)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

Quote from: AH on February 08, 2018, 17:26:35 PM
I would prefer a solution that does not require you to have to specify the current price when updating.

My approach is to Check these fields on an input file:-

virtuemart_product_id,  virtuemart_shoppergroup_id, price_quantity_start, price_quantity_end, product_currency

Ensure virtuemart_product_id and shopper_group is on file
Update current price if these fields are equal
Add new if they are not

Note that these two entries are normally "0" ( price_quantity_start, price_quantity_end)

Of course, it prevent more bad updates, but you need to have or get all this values.
Most time, my customer have only old price+ SKU and want update to new price with a csv, they dont want to get from SQL the product prices.
It's why i added "old price" possibility and worked always for my cases.

AH

Agreed

Often stores will have have multiple prices per product - one per shoppergroup - with multiple shoppergroups

Therefore matching on  sku and shoppergroup_id  - is enough
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MKI-Miro

but these price are managed by employees who are not able to update by sql queries

virtuemart-manager has fantastic bulk update, but it doesnt have possibility to bulk update second price

AH

Then maybe you need to get someone to build the component functionality for you
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MKI-Miro

thats what I asked, if someone can recommend such extension :)

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

@Ah, i know and used myself CSVI many times, but you really mean that a casual user can use csvi without some knowledge?

AH

Quotevirtuemart-manager has fantastic bulk update, but it doesnt have possibility to bulk update second price

Unless this exists or is being built then CSVI seems like thh only option

Knowledge is important when using this component
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0