News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VAT deduction in cart for countries outside EU

Started by ptrouw, February 07, 2018, 16:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

Many topics in this forum, but I haven't found a solution.
Default I want shop with VAT. When in cart and shopper enters country outside EU, it should use price without VAT.

If I limited the VAT rule 21% for only EU countries (+%). The product prices are set as NET prices. Which I don't want. Majority of customers are within EU.
So as long as the customer did not choose his delivery country in the cart the product price will be displayed as net price on the product page/ product detail page. If he chooses an EU country in the cart the price on the product page is displayed like I want. But I need this default.

I tried to solve this is setting default country within VM shopper fields to The Netherlands (inside EU) which should load the taxes for EU until customer updates his country. But this doesn't work!

Any ideas?

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ptrouw

Hey,

Thx for the prompt reply.
This is what I did exactly. But a new visitor hasn't selected a country yet, so all prices will be shown without VAT. Only in cart, the country is set and prices will be calculated with VAT.
But I want the default to be prices showing with VAT.
That's why I tried to put Netherlands into the default value for country within the Cart, but that doesn't work, until you are in shopping cart.

Or am I doing something wrong?

(VirtueMart 3.2.12)

jjk

Quote from: ptrouw on February 07, 2018, 20:36:44 PM
Or am I doing something wrong?
Probably. Did you select 'Final Sales Price' in the 'Show Price' and 'Show Label' columns in the VM 'Configuration' > 'Pricing' tab? (and the other price display options unchecked)

It works on my own site without problems.

ptrouw

Yes I only show final price.
I will have another try.
So no other shopper group settings, or shopper field default values?
On product level, just "Apply deafult rules" which in my case is the 21% VAT rule?

jjk

Quote from: ptrouw on February 07, 2018, 21:11:52 PM
So no other shopper group settings, or shopper field default values?
On product level, just "Apply deafult rules" which in my case is the 21% VAT rule?
Normally you can leave the shopper group fields empty (available for all). If you enter one, you access is only possible for that shopper group.
I think the "Apply default rules" selection is your problem. Select the 21% tax rule instead from the dropdown menu on the Product Edit page.

ptrouw

Thx, yes this did the trick. I don't understand fully the difference. But "Apply default rules" isn't working, but adding tax rule individually on each products works.