News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

GrandGrandparent – Grandparent – Parent – Child (4 levels) inherit values issue

Started by bogdan.tofan, February 05, 2018, 15:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogdan.tofan

I have this situation in Virtuemart 3.2.12, Joomla 3.8.3

I want to create a structure with GrandGrandparent – Grandparent – Parent – Child (4 levels), with only the products from the last level (child level) published.

The GrandGrandparent product A has 5 customfieldsforall and 3 plugins for adding files.

At the first level, ("GrandGrandparent" level), the Product A  has:

-       one customfieldforall and 1 plugin with values, which will be inherited by all the products.

-       The rest of the customfieldsforall and plugins are empty.

At the second level ("Grandparent" level), the products A1, A2 and A3 have:

- 1 customfieldforall and 1 plugin for file, with values inherited from the upper level ("GrandGrandparent" level) – product A1

- another customfieldforall and another plugin with values (so, these values affects only this level and the following ones

At the third level ("Parent" level), the products A11, A12,......A33 have:

- 1 customfieldforall and 1 plugin for file, with values inherited from the upper level ("GrandGrandparent" level) – product A1

- another customfieldforall and another plugin with values, inherited from the "Grandparent level" – Products A1, A2, or A3

- 1 customfieldforall more with values

At the forth level ("Child" level), the products A111, A112,......A334 have:

- another customfieldforall and another plugin with values, inherited from the "Grandparent level" – Products A1, A2, or A3

- 1 customfieldforall more with values, inherited from the "Parent" level – Products A11, A12,......A33

- 1 customfieldforall and 1 plugins for file with values

- at this level, there's no empty customfieldsforall or plugins

I've tried to create this structure, but now I'm blocked at the second level.

I 've done the GrandGrandparent product A, then all the products from the GranParent level (A1, A2 and A3)

The problem is that when I try to create a child product for the "GranParent" level in order to obtain the "Parent" level, there's no custom field inherited, so, apparently isn't possible to inherit/pass customfielsforall or plugins for file values through more than 2 levels.

Please tell me if it's possible to create some structure and what I'm doing wrong

Thank you very much   

Milbo

As far as I know, it is written so, that you see in the product edit only the customfields of the parent. Never of the grandparent. But

The customfields of the grandparent, and also grandgrandparent should be visible in the product frontend.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member