News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

products per row in safari not working.

Started by conchi, February 05, 2018, 11:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchi

Hi,

Products per row in virtuemart 3.2.12 with protostar template are not working correctly since last update. Joomla 3.8.3.

On safari, if I set 4 products per row, it shows 3 products in one row,and anonter single product in a different row. The same occurs if I set 3 products per row: It show 2 products in one row, and one product in another row. It only occurs in safari browser. In edge, explorer and Chrome it Works correctly.

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Sounds like an issue with the Safari css box model working differently from other browsers.   Sarafi supported css is listed here: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariCSSRef/Articles/StandardCSSProperties.html

I encountered a similar issue a couple of years ago and solved it by using the HTML5 doctype in the template header.   < !DOCTYPE html >
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

conchi

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I would like to know how to do that and where exactly I have to do that change. I mean, in which file do I have to change that parameter?

Thanks in advance

conchi

In my template I have the following in index.php:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>">
<head>
   <m-eta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
   <jdoc:include type="head" />

jenkinhill

I just checked page code for Protostar in J3.8.4 and can confirm that it does already have the HTML5 doctype:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-gb" dir="ltr">
<head>

So you may have to look at the css itself. I only have an old version of Safari here and there is no problem with the row display.   Maybe look at the css.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

conchi

Ok, but I am too lost with that.

I would like to know where exactly is the problem.

Studio 42

This is  a general problem in the VM rules, best is to overide the category view and products sublayout and change the HTML

conchi

I have found the solution. I have just updated from Joomla 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 and it was solved.

Studio 42

Strange that the problem is in Joomla, but perhaps they update the protostar CSS