News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

endless loop on payment

Started by Alemantico, January 31, 2018, 12:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alemantico

I've just found out, that if I open the onlineshop with another browser, i.e: Google Chrome, it's not even showing me the shopping cart anymore. It's just showing a white page, saying "shopping cart is empty". Isn'T that so fu%$§"% stupid????

Jörgen

You have to check Your Js errors seems to have js from virtueplanet that gives error when trying to put in cart:

')' expected
File: script.min.js, row: 2, col: 3836

Maybe virtueplanet can help You with this.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Alemantico

Hi Jörgen,
thank you for your respond! I just wonder, because if I mentioned already - the same same issue also happens when I used protostar template with all other extensions disabled. That's all so confusing  :-[ !

Alemantico

I meanwhile uninstalled the template, and all 3rd party vm extensions. When I hit the payment button, now it threw me to an undefined link (screenshot). I left you some screenshots, so you can see some of my settings. Of course under this situation, I switched my site back to offline. But if you need to know anything else, please let me know!
thanx again, and sorry for my frustration right now  :-[ !

Jörgen

Hello

Something I see right now is that your customer account pages are assigned to Joomla account pages. I always use the VM account pages for account management etc instead. This could maybe explain redirect problems at checkout. VM by default need some extra address fields that aren not included in the Joomla default login.

You have done so many things so it is hard to keep up. But I would really know how You set up the site. Is it a quickstart package or have You first installed Joomla and the virtuemart ? The preferred way is to install Joomla and make sure this is running without problems no js error etc. Adding VM and see if it works as expected, js error etc and then slowly add all the needed bells and whistles. Doing it all at once is allmost doomed to fail. Seeking out errors must be done step by step not ad hoc when Everything is set up.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Alemantico

Hi Jörgen! Thank you for the very quick reply! What you said now, makes sense to me! But there'S no user account option inside the vm section. So I assume that you meant "Maintenance"? I just added you a screenshot.
very best regards, and thank you so much for keeping up with me!

Alemantico

What I could also figure out, when I use any other browser, i.e: google chrome or Epic, than when I hit the button "add to shopping cart", its throwing me an empty basket at the checkout page. Besides there'S a bothering "Ship to"-Option. I already searched the entire config. but couldn't find it out yet! Any ideas on that?

thank you

Jörgen

I Think there will be a config for it in the next release, but not 100 % sure.
You can hide the div with some CSS (display:node) at the right places.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Alemantico

I guess, I really found the cause of all! I just re-building the site from the scratch; vm is still working - even all extensions are installed. But here comes the big bad "but"! But at the same moment, I change language default (in my case from en to de), the mess happens right from there! I change the language back and voila! Store is working just as it shold :) !