Author Topic: Set order status by payment method ?  (Read 154 times)

dmb

• A beginner
Set order status by payment method ?
« on: January 29, 2018, 18:40:04 pm »
J3.8.2
VM3.0.16

I created a "Free" payment method that applies to a couple of our products a couple of years ago with the maximum price of 0.01 and the "Order Status for Pending transactions" to "Confirmed by shopper".

This has been working perfectly ever since for thousands of orders but I noticed that it stopped working in early January. By this I mean that all orders for Free (zero-priced) products now appear with the status of Pending. Is there anything that would prevent the payment method configuration from being applied ?

I assume I changed something back then but I have no idea what that might be - no recollection of any work on the site in fact ! However I must have done something and I can't figure out what ...

Thanks for any ideas at all, this is causing me some real headaches  :-[

David

dmb

• A beginner
Re: Set order status by payment method ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 15:49:11 pm »
This is driving me nuts ... I'm not sure what to do except keep checking the orders page and manually updating the order status  :'( Maybe I'll set up a cron job to do it ...

If it helps I just noticed that the payment method for these orders on the order page is blank, where it used to be "Free" (the name of the payment method), maybe it's not picking up the payment method at checkout ... hmm ...

Update: I also noticed that the product is left in the cart after checkout, even though the order goes through (albeit with pending status) ... now I'm worried that something is really broken here  :-\