News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart: inconsistent html, missing classes

Started by lausianne, January 25, 2018, 16:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lausianne

Hello,

I'm working on the styling of a shopping cart, and have some difficulties.

Html: "Selected shipment" is h4, "Selected payment" is h3 - they should be the same
Classes: Some classes repeat in several rows - no problem. But: the rows themselves have no specific classes. Therefore some items within a certain row are hard to grab.

I could change the template but would rather not do that, because of updates etc.

Maybe a developer could consider improvements? Thank you!

GJC Web Design

is this the core templates?
if so versions please!
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

lausianne

Sorry. Core templates, VM 3.2.10

If you have a suggestion for additonal templates (also paid ones), I'd appreciate it. Especially for the cart (mobile ...)
EDIT: I am not looking for a Joomla template, the design is given. Just for VM, so the cart output is divs, not tables.

Jörgen

Which core template ? There are several to choose from.

You will not get rid of all the tables. Some views meant to be sent with email or printed should remain tables.

I would suggest olympian themes, I use Hera, but Zeus is a more recent template.

https://www.olympianthemes.com/

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

lausianne

Hi Jörgen,

Thanks. I'm confused now. Now I'm not sure what you mean by template. In VM > Configuration > Templates there is a section "Templates and Layouts". This has a dropdown "Cart layout". This has only one choice: "default". And that's what I am currently worried about.
I have everything set to default in this section, my Joomla base template is Joostrap, very much modified. It has no provisions for VM.

E-Mail and Print is no problem, because it does not need to be responsive. Only the cart on screen matters, and as tables it does not scale well.

Those themes you mentioned are very nice, but they would restyle the whole site, which is not an option for this project. And buying a whole theme just to get a single file out of it ... I hoped that there was such a file floating around in the community that I could use for starters.

After more research: Template is loaded here: .\components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default.php
Template for the pricelist: .\components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php
This is where the "dreaded" tables are created. In default.php it says

// This displays the pricelist MUST be done with tables, because it is also used for the emails

That, if it's true, is a real problem. Checking http://heravm3.olympianthemes.com/ - I see, still tables. Nicely styled, but still not really good.

Anyway, I let myself be inspired by Olympic themes, and styled something that should be good enough.

Thanks again, Jörgen!

Regards,
Ralf

Jörgen

Sorry to say there are only complete Joomla templates available as far as i know. But Yu can assign templates to individual parts of the design if that would be a solution. And You could also break out parts from a template and incorporate in Your own.

Hope I gave You som more help, don´t want to spread confusion in to many places ;)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.