Different Shipping Profile/Methods - How to correctly assign?

Started by MAD King, February 24, 2022, 16:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

My head is spinning a little bit on how to assign the different shipping methods correctly.

I have

Free Shipping, several fixed shipping costs, and calculated shipping.

Example on the image:

In "Categories" I only add the $15 category which is not visible.
In "Blocking categories" I add all the others except the $15 category.
Same with Country.

Is this the correct way?

Thanks
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jörgen

In my world it looks ok. I would usually not use blocking countries. There is only one country but there can be more then one categoriy, right ? Using blocking countries is (my guess) only used when you only have a few countries that are blocked and you leave countries available for all. I hope you get what I mean.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

MAD King

Thanks.
I will leave the countries, but more important is the assignment to the shipping methods.

Just to confirm: I have to add all categories in the blocking field except the $15 in this case, correct?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

MAD King

So, I did that by blocking all non-related categories, but now the shipping is not working anymore. I do not get a shipping cost after entering the shipping address. I get this error instead:

QuoteWe are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

VM error report gives me this:

Quote1 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Free Shipping

2 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Shipping $22

3 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Shipping $25

4 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Shipping $45

5 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Free Shipping

6 vmdebug None of the products is in a category of the method Shipping $15

7 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Shipping $35

8 vmdebug At least one of the products is in a category which blockes the method Shipping $55

9 vmdebug FOUND automatic SELECTED shipment !! Var1:

10 vmdebug FOUND automatic SELECTED shipment !! Var1:

11 vmdebug FOUND automatic SELECTED shipment !! Var1:

12 vmdebug FOUND automatic SELECTED shipment !! Var1:

Very confusing!
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jörgen

The $15 method shoul be in Categories.

Only the other shipment categories should be in blocking categories, nothing else.

To show this $15 shipping method Ypu have to have at least one product in $15 category, Debug sais NO, you have not.

It does not look confusing to me.

What gets confusing is that You can not block out more expensive shipping methods, without going nuts.

Oversized can not be blocked out the the cheaper categories, then one $15 + one $45 will give no method available.

example for $22
include: $22
blocked by: $25, $45, oversized

example for $25
include: $25
blocked by: $45, oversized

Example for oversized:
Include: oversized
Blocked by: no one category...

I hope you get the picture.
The idea is that cheaper ones are using blocking categories of more expensive ones. Not the other way around.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.