News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Publishing Taxes and Calculations Rules

Started by Hawker, January 18, 2018, 14:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawker

Please could somebody knowledgeable confirm?...

At VM v.3:

PRODUCTS>Taxes & Calculation Rules

...when clicking on the Help button, the following is written about the 'Published' parameter there:

Select NO to hide the tax or YES to show it.

At VM documentation pages however, Joerg Kiekebusch writes:

Enter a Calculation Rule name ...if you want to use it right away, check Published.

Confusing.

Which is correct? Does ticking the 'Published' parameter in 'Taxes & Calculation Rules' turn it on for use, or make that calculation rule visible to buyers?  :-\

Thanks in advance!  :)
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

Jörgen

It is not easy to write documentation. There is no visible calculation rule. The only visibility is that there are changes made of the prices.
In the invoíce / order You can see new lines which are added i.e different VAT.

So publish means the same as publish in Joomla, making Active.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Hawker

Many thanks Jörgen!

I think the issue is also to do with differences between VM documentation at:

http://docs.virtuemart.net

...being for VM2 only, and VM 'Help' pages from the back-end of Joomla being VM3.

In VM3 it's still not clear to me where the Visible for Shopper and Visible for Vendor fields have disappeared to. They used to be at the bottom of the 'Tax and Calculation Rule Details' page.  :-\
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

jjk

Quote from: Hawker on January 18, 2018, 14:39:33 PM
At VM documentation pages however, Joerg Kiekebusch writes:
Enter a Calculation Rule name ...if you want to use it right away, check Published.
I wrote that long ago in 2013, but that is still valid in the current VirtueMart version. After adding a tax rule, you need to publish it in order to be able to select it from the tax drop-down in the Product Edit view. Assuming you are located in France, you need to configure one or more VAT tax rule(s), depending on what kind of products you offer.  For configuring the display of prices and taxes the customers can see, look at the 'Pricing' tab in the VM Configuration.

QuoteVisible for Shopper and Visible for Vendor fields
This piece of documentation is outdated. If I remember correctly that was for early VM2 versions in 2011/2012. (We are aware of the fact that there are still many obsolete articles in the documentation, which should have been updated long time ago - sorry, but there are not many voluntary document writers around here.)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Hawker

VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1