News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved] Re: Categories won’t save

Started by StompJames, January 12, 2018, 23:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StompJames

Hi,

I have a joomla 3.6.5 site running virtuemart 3.2.4.

I am suddenly having issues saving product caragories. I can add them and it does not save.

Sometimes it goes back to a previous one and if I keep saving and closing I can get it to land on the correct one but never multiple ones.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

James

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

StompJames

Thanks for the advice, I've tried all browser and joomla cache but still not working.

Could it be server related? All my other sites work but are not on as much of an updated VM yet.

I do have a work around. This involves recreation of a product with all its categories sett in the first save. As long as I don't need to change it works okay.

Not ideal but workable until I figure it out.

Maybe  I should update/roll back VM to see you f it's version related.

aftertaf

issue had with this version of virtuemart, since 3.0.18 -> 3.2.0 actually..
upgraded to 3.2.12 and no issues, but also applied a .htaccess change for something ajax-y . .

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137040.msg484463#msg484463

StompJames

Thanks so much, that works perfectly!

I think in the link you sent me you said to somebody 'I owe you a beer!' , I'd like to say, I owe you two beers!

I often get unhelpful replies or none at all here, but you've really helped.

Regards,

James

aftertaf

Quote from: StompJames on January 14, 2018, 01:17:02 AM
Thanks so much, that works perfectly!

I think in the link you sent me you said to somebody 'I owe you a beer!' , I'd like to say, I owe you two beers!

I often get unhelpful replies or none at all here, but you've really helped.

Regards,

James

:)
beers all around :)