News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product not showing in cart after adding to cart

Started by varorain, January 15, 2018, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

varorain

Hello,

I am running an online store www.airplantplanet.com and see a weird issue. I was facing the issue since VM 3.2.6 so upgraded to 3.2.12 with a hope that i would not face that. I feel that this is happening with Guest User
I will describe the scenario below:

1. User comes on the site www.airplantplanet.com and clicks on Shop Now which leads the user to the product page.
2. The user selects a product and clicks on add to cart. The popup notification shows that product added to cart. Now click on show cart, and the product is visible there(Sometimes it isn't visible).
3. Click on continue shopping or click on Shop now from the top navigation.
4. Add another product to the cart, and click on show cart. The new product is not shown there.
5. Click on update quantity on any other item in the cart.
6. The page refreshes and the product that was not visible becomes visible.
7. Navigate to some other page and come back to the cart, and the product is not visible. Performing step no. 5, and we can see and check out the product again.

Can someone please help me. I am kind of new to VM so maybe this is a noob question or i missed something

GJC Web Design

Yes.. can repeat the problem

have you caching set on? try with off

try with SEF urls off
try with the std protostar template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jumbo!

It must be a Page Cache issue of your site.

Go to Joomla Global Configuration and check if you have set "System Cache" as "ON - Progressive caching". If yes then you should change that to "ON - Conservative caching".

Next go to Joomla Plugin Manager and disable the plugin called "System - Page Cache", if enabled.

Now check again.

varorain

Changing the Caching from "On - Progressive" to "On-Conservative" and disabling the Page Cache Plugin resolved the issue.

Thanks for the help guys.. Truly Appreciate it.