News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved] Cost Price is in different currency than Base Price and Final Price...

Started by Dyvel, January 11, 2018, 15:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyvel

Hi

When entering prices for a product, why is base price and final price in a different currency than base price?
I'm facing a challenge with a multi currency shop where the product is displayed in the right currency on the product page, but on checkout, the final price changes on the bottom to what looks like the default currency for the shop.

"Total" on cart is in right currency.
But "Total in Payment Currency" is wrong (Looks like it's converting to the default currency).

Isn't it possible to use the currency selected "all the way to the payment gateway"?

Thanks

Regards
Daniel

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Dyvel

Sorry, the site is running Joomla version 3.8.3 and VirtueMart 3.2.10. PHP version 7.1.7

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Jörgen

Could be, You have to test yourself. There are still some issues with 7.1 and 7.2.
If this does not fix it, there is some other issue.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Dyvel

I tried on PHP 7.0.26 but with the same result - see attachment, where the issue reveals itself (frontend and backend).

Dyvel

The line: "Total in Payment Currency" comes up after I select the payment method. I have tried with different payment methods, where all were set to payment in DKK, but still, it's displayed does this currency conversion to Euro.

Jörgen

What are Your accepted cuurencies ?
Have You really set the currency for the payment method to KR ? When I do that I get the currency I expect i total payment currency.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Dyvel

Accepted currencies are EUR, DKK and GBP. The payment method is set to DKK. Even tried different payment methods and changed them all to DKK. Even tried a different theme, to rule out any overrides. Also updated Virtuemart to the latest 3.2.12. If I change currency in the dropdown (see attachment) to Danish Kroner, then it doesn't change, when I do a checkout in DKK. But it does for EUR or GBP. So it seems to be connected to the shop vendor currency.

Dyvel

Actually I found the issue - it was in fact the payment module, that was not updated to allow selection for selected currency in currency module. Fixed it and have it working fine now :-)
Thanks for your time though :)

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x