News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PHP Deprecated: Function mcrypt_encrypt()

Started by ptrouw, April 21, 2017, 11:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

I found these entries in apache log error file. Using vm3.2.1 and php7
[21-Apr-2017 04:38:05 CST6CDT] PHP Deprecated:  Function mcrypt_get_iv_size() is deprecated in /home/1/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcrypt.php on line 50
[21-Apr-2017 04:38:05 CST6CDT] PHP Deprecated:  Function mcrypt_encrypt() is deprecated in /home/1/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcrypt.php on line 34

robj684

Same here: J3.7.3 VM3.2.2 (latest but not greatest version) PHP 7.1.5. on localhost (WAMP).

Deprecated: Function mcrypt_get_iv_size() is deprecated in D:\xxx\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmcrypt.php on line 31
Deprecated: Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated in D:\xxx\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmcrypt.php on line 32

Deprecated: Function mcrypt_encrypt() is deprecated in D:\xxx\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmcrypt.php on line 34
Deprecated: Function mcrypt_get_iv_size() is deprecated in D:\xxx\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmcrypt.php on line 50

Deprecated: Function mcrypt_decrypt() is deprecated in D:\xxx\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmcrypt.php on line 61
Using VM3.016 (carefully overriden to beautifully match my needs) on Joomla! 3.6.5 and PHP 5.6.
Always trying to update to latest VM in combination with latest PHP.

jenkinhill

mcrypt issues are already fixed in the latest file set -  VM3.2.4 under ?final testing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robj684

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 13, 2017, 19:47:16 PM
mcrypt issues are already fixed in the latest file set -  VM3.2.4 under ?final testing.
Sorry I can't find the VM3.2.4
Using VM3.016 (carefully overriden to beautifully match my needs) on Joomla! 3.6.5 and PHP 5.6.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robj684

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 14, 2017, 12:22:27 PM
In SVN - revision 9602 from 3 days ago. http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/repository  - not for live sites yet.
Thanks Kelvyn. I appologise for my ignorance, but is the mentioned revision 9602 a revision of VM3.2.3.9587 and - for ease of communication - is referred to as VM3.2.4 ?
If I understand the working of SVN correctly, the deprecated function is still present in vmcrypt.php revision 9602.

robj684

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 13, 2017, 19:47:16 PM

Just downloaded VM3.2.4 and tested with Joomla! 3.7.5 / PHP 7.1.10.
The issue concerning deprecated functions mcrypt_get_iv_size() and mcrypt_create_iv() in file \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmcrypt.php on line 31, 32, 34, 50 and 61 has NOT been addressed.
NOTE: You must first set the global Joomla! error reporting to 'maximum', or 'development'

EDIT: Kelvyn, when looking for another warning that is thrown, I hit upon your recent reply https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=138450.msg485610#msg485610
I guess it's a matter of priorities on the VM developers' side whether or not to resolve a warning.

ptrouw

I have 3.2.12 installed, J3.8.3 and php 7.1.

I have still have a long list of warning on the deprecated functions mcrypt_get_iv_size() and mcrypt_create_iv().
Should I go back to php 7.0?