News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Confirm purchase button not working [was config problem]

Started by miggel, January 04, 2018, 11:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miggel

Hello

I updated virtuemart 3.2.2 to 3.2.12 in my joomla 3.7.5 webshop, after updating the folowing is not working

- on the checkout page there are no "SAVE" buttons anymore! (displaying by the shipment choice and payment choice) is this a problem?
- when clicking on "confirm purchase" nothing happens and will not redirect to paypal in this case

please advise thank you!

jenkinhill

Current Joomla version to use is 3.8.3

You give no URL but try testing with Protostar in case of template issues. If you have a one page checkout extension then maybe that needs updating?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

miggel

Hello

Thank you for your help, at the moment restored the back up to the older version.

What do you mean by one page checkout page, i use the virtuemart checkout page no third party plugin.

so i first updated the virtuemart from 3.2.2 to 3.2.12 and then the joomla from 3.7.5 to 3.8.3  after the update the checkout page of virtuemart don't show the "save" buttons and when pressing the "confirm button" not getting redirected to paypal, nothing happens.

any suggestions?

Thank you

VMTemplates.net

Hi,

is it working properly when you change the template to one of Joomla default ie Beez or Protostar (Extensions -> Templates -> Styles)?
Please provide us an URL so, we would be able to help you.

Thanks,
Jason
We develop VirtueMart templates since 2008
https://www.virtuemarttemplates.net/
Join the VirtueMart Templates Club today and get an access to over 60 VirtueMart templates
https://www.virtuemarttemplates.net/template-club.html
If you need a custom VirtueMart Template design please visit https://www.virtuemarttemplates.net/custom-virtuemart-template-design.html
Visit our new shop https://demo.virtuemarttemplates.net/
Join the VirtueMart Templates Club, purchase the template or order one of our services like Hosting, Website Maintenance, Security and Optimization, Template Customization and more

miggel

Hello

Sorry for my late response!

I tried to update again but no luck,  my steps

a)First i updated virtuemart from 3.2.2 to 3.2.12 in my joomla 3.7.5 
b) i checked how it worked but the ("save" at shipping method and payment) buttons  are gone, the confirmation button is still there but is not working.
c) i upgraded to joomla 3.8.5 but the same problem

I did NOT test it with other template.  but the other virtuemart buttons like "add to cart" are working normally in this Yoothee template.

please advise

Thanks 

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

miggel

Hello

I just tested it with  Protostar template the same problem ( see screenshot) no save buttons and the "confirm purchase" not working  and the refresh arrows and delete buton not working

i dont understand it please help

Thanks

jenkinhill

As asked before, provide a URL. Without this there can only be guesses.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Studio 42

I like people want help, but no link to verify.
When you have a problem then do an effort and provide a way we can check, it's certainly a javascript problem or a bad setting in your VM config.

miggel

Hello,

OK i cloned my site and updated to joomla 3.8.5 and virtuemart 3.2.12

http://www.hollandforyou.com/TEST/view-shopping-cart-hollandforyou.html

Hopefully it is a easy fix

Studio 42

Try to enable javascripts in Virtuemart config settings
Tab : Templates > Activate Css Styles & Javascripts
Select :
-Using the product Scripts
-Using the Script ajax Countries / Regions

You have another problem because facebox. You should select "Use Fancybox (Recommended)" or you need to declare Virtuemart javascript object in your template. The team have never update the code for this bug.
This permit the addtocart button to work properly.

P.S: you have perhaps an obsolete template, then you need to add :
<?php echo vmJsApi::writeJS(); ?>
in you templates/MYTEMPLATE/html/virtuemart/cart/default.php file
If it's the case, you have to add this in all file needing this, you have to compare with VM component view folder.

miggel

Quote from: Studio 42 on February 22, 2018, 01:09:16 AM
Try to enable javascripts in Virtuemart config settings
Tab : Templates > Activate Css Styles & Javascripts
Select :
-Using the product Scripts
-Using the Script ajax Countries / Regions

You have another problem because facebox. You should select "Use Fancybox (Recommended)" or you need to declare Virtuemart javascript object in your template. The team have never update the code for this bug.
This permit the addtocart button to work properly.

P.S: you have perhaps an obsolete template, then you need to add :
<?php echo vmJsApi::writeJS(); ?>
in you templates/MYTEMPLATE/html/virtuemart/cart/default.php file
If it's the case, you have to add this in all file needing this, you have to compare with VM component view folder.

Many thanks to everybody in this tread!
I selected "Use fancebox" and  "Script ajax Countries / Regions" and it worked

I updated to virtuemart to 3.2.12 and joomla 3.8.3

If you like dutch products / groceries hereby discount coupon code 10395010 and get 10% discount on your order! will expire after march. www.hollandforyou.com

Studio 42

Note that i have create a plugin for trustpilot https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/truspilot-auto-mail.htm if you need to auto send emails on order statut confirmed for eg.