News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

New orders adding random products that dont exist ?!!

Started by blackrat999, December 30, 2017, 16:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrat999

This is mighty weird.
I have cloned a site to setup a new one. I removed all the old products/categories etc, in fact i got rid of everything and set about making the new site similar but different.

The new site works really well on Joomla 3.8.2 and VM 3.2.4 with just Paypal plugin for payments.

when i place an order it all goes through fine but the invoices have added to them 1 or sometimes 2 totally random products from the previous installation. These products definitely do not exist and are not in the database either.
They are usually priced in the invoices and then the cost is removed as a discount!

the site is temporarily here https://laverock.temp-gingerweb.com and the live site is now offline until i can sort this.

If anyone has any ideas how this could happen i would love to hear them! many thanks

Studio 42

Have you removed the old orders? Perhaps order items table was not empty ?

blackrat999

Thanks - i had removed old orders from the admin but i am now removing everything from the table 0rder_items which seems to be helping

is there a quick way to empty a table with 20 pages of 500 rows !?

blackrat999

Ok figured it out for anyone else that has the same issue, remove the content of

yourdatabase_virtuemart_order_items

and all is well again !