News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Coupons apply to all products? how to set for specific products?

Started by MalcolmV8, December 29, 2017, 16:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmV8

The coupon section in VM seems to be very lacking.  There are no options (that I could find) to set which products or manufactures it applies to.  How do you use that?  I couldn't possibly have a coupon or discount that just applies to every manufacture across the entire site.

Thanks
Malcolm

Joomla! 3.8.3
VirtueMart 3.2.10

aftertaf

you need awocoupon for this.. there's a free and a pro version.

MalcolmV8

Quote from: aftertaf on December 29, 2017, 16:49:18 PM
you need awocoupon for this.. there's a free and a pro version.

Thanks I saw that while searching around but did not see the free version.  I looked harder and found it.  That helps, thank you.

MalcolmV8

I noticed when checking out in the shopping cart you can only use one coupon.  Is that a limitation of VM or just a configuration setting somewhere I'm not seeing?

jenkinhill

A single coupon is a normal shopping cart function. I have never seen one where more than one coupon can be applied.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MalcolmV8

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 29, 2017, 19:48:06 PM
A single coupon is a normal shopping cart function. I have never seen one where more than one coupon can be applied.

Strange seems common to me.  In the automotive world it's pretty common for say manufacture A to be running 5% sale and manufacture B 10% while all others are at regular price.  So once you've put all your items in cart you apply the coupons to get the discounts from manufactures A and B.

jenkinhill

That is not coupon discount. That's product discount which can be done in tax/calc rules & by assigning discounts to categories so the discount(s) is applied as the product is placed in the cart.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/204-tax-and-calculation-rules-overview.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MalcolmV8

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 30, 2017, 00:14:24 AM
That is not coupon discount. That's product discount which can be done in tax/calc rules & by assigning discounts to categories so the discount(s) is applied as the product is placed in the cart.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/204-tax-and-calculation-rules-overview.html

Ah guess I got thrown off thinking that was calculating taxes.  If it supports other rules that makes more sense.  I'll take some time to read through those docs and see what I can make of it.  Thanks for the pointer.