News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

language overwrite doesn't work at all!

Started by Alemantico, December 19, 2017, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alemantico

Dear People,
Since I already translated all strings (at least I thought that), I'm again confronted with a great mistery;
1. The button "adding to shopping card" only works after refreshing the page
2. Many Strings on VM does not propagate, even defining them twice (inside the language file itself) and inside the joomla system. I wonder why that happens?
I'm running VM version 3.2.4 on joomla! version 3.8.3 - Somehow, these Versions are incompatible? Sinceeven the native overwrite does not work, at this moment I've no other explanations. Of course, I already cleared out all cookies. Any useful hint would be very much appreciated!

best regards!

GJC Web Design

Try adding the over rides in the admin section and ticking the apply to FE chk box

Have you installed the de VM lang files?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Alemantico

yes, I've installed the lang files! Also checked the strings; they're all proper translated. What do you mean by "Try adding the over rides in the admin section and ticking the apply to FE chk box "? What admin section? Inside of joomla! ? That's where the screenshots are from. " FE chk box"? What's that? Anyway, thank you very much for giving me again a hand here on the issue  8)!

best regards!

Alemantico

hey, as I can see, you're using the omg menu extension. Did you already tried to disable the omg menu comp and check than?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

Alemantico

Hi GJC Web Design! Thank you for your quick response! Ok I did as you said; but even after clearing the caches, nothing has being changed. I also added you a screenshot of the language file. It's a weird thing, that the comp is only reading fractures from the entire lang file, hu? At first I considered the German Letter "ü" could cause the issue, but it neither changed, when I replaced it with "ue". 

GJC Web Design

switch on the Joomla Lang default and careful check the results at the bottom.. there if there are errors they will show
GJC Web Design

Alemantico

sorry, but may I ask you what  joomla! lang default you're talking about? Do you mean "installed languages" ? I changed that one into the other language, but its still the same. Do you want me to change it into another language? Hey, thank you so much for your time and for keep sticking with me! I really appreciate that  very much ;) !

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design

Alemantico

no problem 8) ! Hmm, language debug is not throwing any error, but;

Quote**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini

That could cause the issue, or not?

thank you for keep sticking on my issue! I guess without you, I'd be totally lost.

best regard  8) !

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design

Alemantico

hey, sorry for my late response, but currently it seems, that my virtuemart is getting worse day by day (already published under the respective topics). So, fixing all that mess on VM is making me quiet busy these days.
Anyway, because I have no idea, what file is  responsible for the not translated language strings I posted you here the entire lock of all to vm related not loaded (in Ger: **Nicht geladen**) files to check, which could cause the error. Just beneath  its showing you a list of "not translated language strings" on exactly that site. I hope that will narrow the cause?
       **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_system_shlib.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/plugins/system/shlib/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_system_shlib.ini
        **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.lib_fof30.ini
        **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmuserfield_realex_hpp_api.ini
       **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.com_virtuemart.sef.ini
       **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.tpl_flex.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/templates/flex/language/de-DE/de-DE.tpl_flex.ini
       **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmcustom_textinput.ini
      **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmcustom_specification.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_system_quicklook_pro.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_eventgallery_latest.ini
        **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini
       **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmpayment_paypal.ini
      **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmpayment_tco.ini
      **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmpayment_sofort.ini
        **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmpayment_sofort_ideal.ini
    **Nicht geladen** : JROOT/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini
and here'S the list of not translated language strings
# JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmtext.php
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART CATEGORY ID??"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_RATING_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART RATING ID??"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USERFIELD_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART USERFIELD ID??"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USERINFO_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART USERINFO ID??"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART USER ID??"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VENDOR_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART VENDOR ID??"
COM_VIRTUEMART_STRING_ERROR_PRIMARY_KEY="VIRTUEMART STRING ERROR PRIMARY KEY"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART CATEGORY ID"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_RATING_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART RATING ID"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USERFIELD_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART USERFIELD ID"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USERINFO_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART USERINFO ID"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART USER ID"
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VENDOR_ID="VIRTUEMART VIRTUEMART VENDOR ID"
KRNTEN="Kärnten"
VM_RECENTLY_ADDED_ITEMS="RECENTLY ADDED ITEMS"
# JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php
THE_PARAMETER_EMMERCHANT_EMAILEM_IS_REQUIRED_FOR_THE_PAYMENT_EM_EM_EM1EM="parameter ??**Merchant e-mail**?? is required for the payment    (??1??)**"
# JROOT/libraries/src/Language/Text.php
END="End"
FIRST="First"
FLEX_LOGIN_HI="LOGIN HI"
LAST="Last"
NEXT="Next"
PREV="Prev"
START="Start"

Does that help? Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate your time and have a great day!

best regards!

Studio 42

Have you perhaps some overide in the template?
Have your german language last language update ?
Joomla 3.7+ have some problem to load 2 language files at same time having same KEYs.
Eg if you have vm.ini in german  then vm.ini in english and another vm.sys.ini in german  if the key is missing  in last file, the english is used as fallback.
If you disable load additionnal language in VM, does it help ?

jjk

If language files are not loaded, the reason often is a parsing error in one of the language files, often usually to a typo.
Does Joomla 'Debug Language' list any parsing errors at the bottom of the page?
Can you provide a link to that website?

BTW: There seems to be a typo in one of your translations: In your cart view it says "Vornamme" instead of "Vorname".
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Alemantico

Hi Studio 42,

thank you very much for your quick response! Going to your queries:
QuoteHave your german language last language update ?
Yes, the German language files (de-DE.com_virtuemart.ini, de-DE.com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini and all joomla! native lang files current ver. 3.8.0.1 ) are updated to their newest version. 
QuoteHave you perhaps some overide in the template?
About the template overwrite; I kind of doubt that, because the user can link the flex template directly to joomla! native language file. Further, even I changed the template for the onlineshop to beez, I still got the cancel and submit buttons in english. At this point, I also checked the german language files from "onepage" (VM-Extension) and from "VM Essentials". In none of them there's  such a string like "COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ADDED_SUCCESSFULLY" (this is just one of many untranslated strings)
QuoteJoomla 3.7+ have some problem to load 2 language files at same time having same KEYs.
Im sorry, when I missed to mention in my intro, that I am using the current joomla! version 3.8.3. 
QuoteEg if you have vm.ini in german  then vm.ini in english and another vm.sys.ini in german  if the key is missing  in last file, the english is used as fallback.
Considerating that functioning, the german language file, wich contains the string "COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ADDED_SUCCESSFULLY" has being loaded. Do you mean, in order to propagate, it will need another de - file with the same string? Or does one of the de.ini contains overwrite comments?
QuoteIf you disable load additionnal language in VM, does it help ?
What additional language do you mean? I only run de & en (Screenshots). This issue is getting kinda confusing. I just don't get it, why only some of the strings are taken and other not - and this from the same language file.

Anyway, thank you a lot for helping me to find the cause! investing your time by helping me is really appreciated!

Best regards!