Main Menu

Shopping Cart isn't working

Started by keithking101, December 18, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithking101

Hello,
My shopping cart seem broken on my testing website located here
http://www.theanimecode.com/test/theflaghag/

After I'm on my cart after adding an item if I try to delete a item, try to pick my shipping, or try to pick how I pay there is a long load time before the error message appear of "Error updating cart" sometimes nothing load at all as if my site is down.

Problem found with
Joomla! 3.7.3 Stable
Database Version    5.6.27
PHP Version    5.6.32
VirtueMart 3.2.10

Updated to
Joomla! 3.8.3 Stable
Database Version    5.6.27
PHP Version    7.1.11
VirtueMart 3.2.10

Try to reload VirtueMart with no change.
The template do have custom changes built in, but renaming the HTML folder to HTMLBAK I still have the same problem. So the problem isn't with that.
I Also tried with two different computers with two different web browsers. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

(Edit, found mainsite didn't work with 7.1.11, backed down to 5.6.27, but shouldn't matter in this case.)

Jörgen

Hello

I would guess that the issue is connected to Your template. Try to test with Protostar and switch off SEF until you see that everything works as expected.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Console shows a critical JavaScript error:
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'carousel'
virtuemart (69,2)

Turn on  Joomla/VM debugging to see if that shows any other obvious issues .
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

keithking101

Well I'm sort of thrown off. Changing to non SEF the shopping cart no longer loads.
Changing to Prostar I had to add a menu but now nothing stay in the shopping cart.

Both seem more broken although I understand that it shouldn't be more broken because of those actions.

I did turn on the debug thing for Joomla and toggle both the SEF and Template a few times but I didn't see anything that look strange, although I'm not a programmer ether so I may had miss something.

Thanks for the quick reply but I'm still unsure on how to continue.

keithking101

Alright, sorry for the late reply, I had to attend my day job.

It seems when Joomla debugging is turn on the cart crash before I make it into the cart. I have VM debugging on.
I went ahead and turn on my template. It seem to respond the same rather I have it on or off.

Trying to find out about the Console  that Mr. Jenkinhill spoke of I found out what he was looking at but my message came out a little different.

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'carousel'
index.php (81,3)

Exploring links it gives it lead me to my Joomla Monsters Simple Image Slider, which I suppose is a Carousel. I removed it but still have the same problem. I uninstall by the Extension Manager and have not removed any files by hand.

Jörgen

Have you removed ALL references to this image slider ? Check that there aren´t any references in the index.php or in any loaded module.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

keithking101

I did so though the Extension Manager, Index.php is a simple 50 line file and I see nothing in it that point to it. I also looked to see if there was a folder in the mod folder that was for the old extension, there is not. I had a mod set to display on the front page of the site but it's now not listed in the mods area nor is it on the front of the site. I can't think of anywhere else to look.

Looking at the mod it did have a assets file with a javaScript file inside of it. But it seem to be gone. I clear the cache with no change.

Jörgen

Have You checked this ?

Quoteindex.php (81,3)

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

keithking101

I would love to, and trying my best to. When the error came up in the Console it was in index.php on the front in, but what the front sees as index.php appears to be all the files that is needed for the page push into one file. It's like now I can look at it and follow line for line down the page, from the console in the front that is. Right now the Console isn't having any errors at all. And the line said before that I seen that I knew was related to the mod I no longer see as well.

Jörgen

I would break it down and take of the Heavy load from the template. And I would also turn off sef until You are sure that basic things work. I don´t think some one not working with Monster templates can help you much more. I believe this is very much related to You template or some ba_ related stuff.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

Just took a quick look again. VMdebug is on and this line stands out to me:  11 vmdebug SSL enabled   - yet I am unable to access the site under https.   Is there no SSL on the server or no security certificate installed?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Jenkins is probably right, if You don´t have any SSL certificate, switch off SSL in VM configuration.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

keithking101

Joomla Monsters, while they make good templates, wasn't where I got this template, I just used the image slider from them for this project.

But now I'm laughing a little about this all. It was likely the SSL setting the entire time. No I didn't get a SSL for it's current location because I plan on moving it and the site in front of that location is just a info site, no important information needed.
I feel really silly to had to bother the two of you for what end up being a simple setting. Thank you both for your time and effort.

Jörgen

Happy to hear that it has worked out for You.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x