Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

system messages in the shopping cart

Started by vmvm, December 16, 2017, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmvm

Hello!
When placing an order in the shopping cart, no system messages are displayed
if turn off the sef in Joomla, the messages are displayed.
How to fix?

sorry for my English

Joomla 3.8.3 VM 3.2.8

Alemantico

hmmm... you're not providing really much information. So its really hard to tell! What sef are you talking about; native or an extension? IF extension, than what extension is it? Where do you run your joomla from; localhost or server? What php version is applied on your server?

vmvm

I run Joomla from localhost. php version 7.0.10. Sef is native.
The shopping cart is assigned a menu item.
If sef is enabled, there are no system messages
if disabled, the messages are displayed

Alemantico

by messages, do you mean the shopping cart popup? Usually, you don't need to assign the shopping card. May I ask what template are you using?

vmvm

no, I mean the message on the cart page. Template protostar
these are the messages

if do not assign a menu item, then the modules that are on the home page are displayed on the cart page

jenkinhill

SEF should not really be used for a site in development as it makes it difficult to debug, and this is even more important on localhost, where I have found that SEF does not always work as expected. Once on a proper live server it would be normal to debug something like this by turning on VMdebug.

You should also be using the latest VM version - currently 3.2.10.9700
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

Hi,
I think that you have perhaps a redirecting problem.
Try to add a menulink to cart, You can use a Joomla menu without adding a module, if you dont want see it in your website(do it for each language if you have multilanguage website).

GJC Web Design

do u see any system messages with your template?  e.g. on core Joomla processes?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Alemantico

I think that jenkinhill might be right; I'd some similar experiences before. At least it narrows  ;) ! Hey, as I can see, you're using the omg menu extension. Did you already tried to disable the omg menu comp and check than? At last instance you could check your site on debug mode.

vmvm

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 19, 2017, 15:19:19 PM
SEF should not really be used for a site in development as it makes it difficult to debug, and this is even more important on localhost, where I have found that SEF does not always work as expected. Once on a proper live server it would be normal to debug something like this by turning on VMdebug.

You should also be using the latest VM version - currently 3.2.10.9700

updated VM to 3.2.10
I will try on a live server

vmvm

Quote from: GJC Web Design on December 19, 2017, 16:26:58 PM
do u see any system messages with your template?  e.g. on core Joomla processes?

Yes. Not displayed on cart page only.

vmvm

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 19, 2017, 15:48:35 PM
Hi,
I think that you have perhaps a redirecting problem.
Try to add a menulink to cart, You can use a Joomla menu without adding a module, if you dont want see it in your website(do it for each language if you have multilanguage website).

if click check out now, then url is this
localhost/demo/cart/checkout  and no system messages

after that, if for example apply a coupon and click check out now, then url is this
localhost/demo/cart/  and messages are displayed

vmvm

Quote from: Alemantico on December 19, 2017, 21:12:23 PM
I think that jenkinhill might be right; I'd some similar experiences before. At least it narrows  ;) ! Hey, as I can see, you're using the omg menu extension. Did you already tried to disable the omg menu comp and check than? At last instance you could check your site on debug mode.

I tried to disable the omg menu, no changes.

Studio 42

I never have see this message, so i'm wondered in wich case you see this.
When my cart is valid, the confirm button change, That"s all.
When i add product, the message is in the modal.
Perhaps you need to check about OPC setting in the virtuemart Config > Checkout.
Another problem can be if you have same menu alias as view name.
Try for eg to change menu alias 'cart' too 'basket'

vmvm

This happens if checkout order as a guest.
if click Register And Checkout or Checkout as Guest.