News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product variants from JoomShopping

Started by sandomatyas, December 13, 2017, 09:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

I migrate a Joomshopping site to Virtuemart. As far I finished categories, medias, products in 3 languages with an own PHP script without any trouble.
The only part which is missing the product variants.
In JoomShopping there are attributes (like color, size, size, etc), and when you edit a product you can select some or all from them and add them with a price, stock and purchase price (the price which the webshop pays for the wholesale company)
If I'm right it fits to multivariants but the webshop owner don't like creating child products to every variant although I told him that there are much more possibilities with child products. Now the shop has ~100 products but if every variants become a child products there will be ~2000 products which is more dificult to manage according to him. In JoomShopping there is only the "parent" product and all of the "variants" can be handled in one simple list.
What do you think what would be the optimal solution for that?

Studio 42

I never used it, but Stockable Custom Fields here https://breakdesigns.net/downloads/stockable-custom-fields/stockable-custom-fields-1-5-0 can perhaps solve your problem.
I think is derivated from old VM2 stockable customfield removed from VM core since.

sandomatyas

https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/joomla/stockable-custom-fields/documentation?start=6
QuoteYou just have to create a parent product which will be used as a pattern. Then by assigning the stockable plugin to that product, you can create as many variations as you wish (like using normal custom fields). The plugin will create automatically a child product for each variation with the price, stock and image that you define.

So there will be child products :)

Studio 42

Yes, it create childs.
If you need stock for variants, then you need a new plugin.
If your customer do not need to manage the stock but change prices, this is not too many work.
Else you have to override the stock changes else main product stock is always updated if you buy a variant, so it's more complicate.