News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Joomgallery vs Virtuemart

Started by gbox, December 10, 2017, 15:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbox

Hi, Is it possible to integrate JoomGallery with Virtuemart ? Do you know any plugin to use to set photos as products during their upload to JoomGallery ?

Studio 42

Why JoomGallerry ?
You can modify the product layout if you want display it another way.
To bulk upload images, you can use my plugin https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/multi-upload-images.htm for eg.

gbox

Thanks for your reply.
The idea is to give possibility for JoomGallery frontend users (photo owners) to set before photo upload if the photo should be accessible for selling or not and in consequence to allows other users to buy this photo (as a print or in electronic form). I would like to keep upload by the JoomGallery frontend panel to allows owners to define other data required by the JoomGAllery like title, description, category, which will be visible for other users after publication and which will be also visible for the owner in him/her User Panel to edit/delete.   

Studio 42

I mean the solution is to integrate Virtuemart product add to cart button in the gallery.
you need only 1 product with customfields to set the values.
I dont know how JoomGallery work, but  this can certainly be integrate easier and dont need to manage the product<>JoomGallery  association in your shop.
If you need multiple price then this is a little more complex, but can be solved too.
I dont think that someone tried to do a plugin for this. It's very specific.
Another solution (if you have only 1 price) is to use one product as gallery to sold the JoomGallery  images.
Of course this need some hours to do a plugin or Virtuemart add to cart button in the gallery

gbox

ok, thank you for your response, I will analyse your advice
from my perspective the perfect solution would be if I can define for example 5 different products and their prices in Virtuemart like "Print format A" "price 1 USD", "Print format B" "price 2 USD", and then JoomGallery frontend users (photo owners) could choose what kind of product use (from the list) during  photo upload using JoomGallery frontend panel
obviously cart button in the gallery is also needed to allows other uses to buy products from the gallery