News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Category description in multilingual site

Started by YodaStudio, December 06, 2017, 19:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YodaStudio

Hello everybody.

I have a multilingual site (ita/eng) and I'm having some trouble with the category description text.
I created several categories with full text for the main language (ita). Now I have to add the secondary language (eng).
After switching language using the VirtueMart drop-down menu I can edit all the category fields (category name, metatags, etc.) but the category description.
As a matter of fact, saving and re-opening the category page in the back end I have the category description still in Italian even if all the other fields are in English. I did some tests and checked the database. I found out that the English desciption text has been saved into the database (virtuemart_categories_en_gb tab, category_description column) but, somehow back end panel shows always the virtuemart_categories_it_it > category_description content. As I wrote before, this happens just for the category description.
I tried to find out what may be wrong with the code but my PHP skills are not developed enough.

Any idea how to solve it? Thanks.
-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com

Studio 42

Most time, the problem is javascript because ajax loading.
Check if you see any javascript problems in the browser console.

YodaStudio

I've done some more research and found this solution.
Il looks like the problem is caused by some editors. Code Mirror, the one I was using, seems to be among them. Now I switched to JCE and it works fine but I know I'll be in trouble becouse I'm using some modules that work only with Code Mirror. I just have to remember which ones.

Thanks and have a nice day.

www.yodastudio.com

Studio 42

Sometime, the editor remove tags, or empty tags, you should check your editor settings, if you have bad results or if code get removed.
I had the problem for eg to add font icons because the editor default behavior.

YodaStudio

Well, I found out that each editor has some jQuery issues. I'm not skilled enough to fix them but I think I can live those little problems.
Maybe one of these days some developer will do it.

www.yodastudio.com

Studio 42

If you have jQuery issues, most time it's because your admin template or a plugin, module....
Try using default Joomla template and disable your admin plugins(or system plugins loaded in admin) and any admin modules that are not in Joomla core.