Author Topic: Category description in multilingual site  (Read 90 times)

YodaStudio

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • A beginner
    • YODA Studio
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.0.18
Category description in multilingual site
« on: December 06, 2017, 19:34:47 pm »
Hello everybody.

I have a multilingual site (ita/eng) and I'm having some trouble with the category description text.
I created several categories with full text for the main language (ita). Now I have to add the secondary language (eng).
After switching language using the VirtueMart drop-down menu I can edit all the category fields (category name, metatags, etc.) but the category description.
As a matter of fact, saving and re-opening the category page in the back end I have the category description still in Italian even if all the other fields are in English. I did some tests and checked the database. I found out that the English desciption text has been saved into the database (virtuemart_categories_en_gb tab, category_description column) but, somehow back end panel shows always the virtuemart_categories_it_it > category_description content. As I wrote before, this happens just for the category description.
I tried to find out what may be wrong with the code but my PHP skills are not developed enough.

Any idea how to solve it? Thanks.
-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com

Studio 42

  • Contributing Developer
  • Full Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2404
  • Joomla & Virtuemart addon developper
    • Studio 42 - Virtuemart & Joomla extentions
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6 & 3.0.x.y
Re: Category description in multilingual site
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 16:54:34 pm »
Most time, the problem is javascript because ajax loading.
Check if you see any javascript problems in the browser console.

YodaStudio

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • A beginner
    • YODA Studio
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.0.18
Re: Category description in multilingual site
« Reply #2 on: Today at 13:28:25 »
I've done some more research and found this solution.
Il looks like the problem is caused by some editors. Code Mirror, the one I was using, seems to be among them. Now I switched to JCE and it works fine but I know I'll be in trouble becouse I'm using some modules that work only with Code Mirror. I just have to remember which ones.

Thanks and have a nice day.
-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com