Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Yes - New Topic on Ask Question Form

Started by mikidudle, December 05, 2017, 20:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikidudle

Help!
Virtuemart 3.2.6  Joomla 3.8.2

Problem: I am not able to get the Ask Question Form to successfully send an email to any account after modifying the db and trying other solutions.

I have followed all the instructions that I can find here concerning sending an email from the Ask Question Form.  Yet, no email has arrived at the gmail address.

I turned on error reporting and got: "Your Virtuemart installation contains an error: No user is marked as
vendor. Please fix this in your phpMyAdmin and set
#__virtuemart_vmusers.user_is_vendor = 1 and
#__virtuemart_vmusers.virtuemart_vendor_id = 1 to one of your
administrator users"

I modified the db to set the user/vendor variables and then got this error:
Virtuemart You must provide at least one recipient email address.

So, I went into the Joomla user db table and modified the user's id to 1 so that it would relate to the above tables properly (I think)
The 'you must provide...' error disappeared and just he success message was left ... but I don't receive an email at the account I'm trying to get to.

I then attempted to remove the Ask Q button but that crashed the productdetails page).

I'm stumped.
If you feel this topic belongs in another category please by all means move it.  If you still feel it's already been asked then please point me to the solution.  I'm stumped.
I'm happy to send my login info - I'm just not sure where to enter that.

Does anyone know how to analyze or fix this problem?  Help!

hellorain

Hello,

It can be issue of joomla email setting . Please test via joomla configuration via sending a test mail.

Best Regards,
hellorain.
Raincreatives - Virtuemart & Mobile Commerce Experts

GJC Web Design

R u getting normal VM emails? orders etc?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation