New stable release vm 3.2.6 released, complete list of changes

Started by Milbo, November 21, 2017, 20:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gri2a

Pagination is still not working. Ive been having ongoing problems over all of the VM3 releases. Rather than going to my site, goto demo.virtuemart.net and scroll to the pagination it has Start-Previous-1-2-3-4-Next-Last. Goto Last. It takes you to page 4. Now choose Start. It stays on page 4 PROBLEM!!
Choose Previous (or 3), you goto3. Press Previous (or 2) you goto 2. This is Ok.
Now press Previous or 1. It stays on page 2.
This is EXACTLY the problem I am having on my site. Ive switched off the pagination in the template/html/pagination.php and it still happens. Ive set up pagination in other Joomla components and all is ok.
Its just a problem in Virtuemart I use VM 3.2.6 on Joomla 3.8.2 which I presume is the same at demo.virtuemart.net
GRI2A

jenkinhill

@gri2a the pagination problem seems to be a configuration issue. Using VM sample data the setting in Config/templates for Frontend default items per list view is 24.  Joomla default list limit is 25 (public $list_limit). Thus there is a conflict. On the list length selector while viewing pagination try selecting 15 or 30 - now pagination works correctly and the 24 in the dropdown list has vanished. Solution therefore is to set VM's Frontend default items per list view to 25.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gri2a

Thanks Kelvyn
Changing the list setting to 25 fixed the problem, but it begs the question, why have VMsettings that get corrupted if they are not the same as Joomlas 25.
I have 6 categories with 9 products in each category. I was trying to set the page limit to 9, so that each category shows on its own page. This conflicts with Joomlas 25.... why bother have list length settings in VM3
Thanx for your help anyway
GRI2A

jenkinhill

It is a change in Joomla that causes the problem. It is no longer easy to set your prefered pagination without editing Joomla core settings.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ghost

Search result links are broken. Many functional backlinks lost.

What's the purpose of having keyword always set? It creates ugly links by default (http://demo.virtuemart.net/manufacturer/default?keyword=). And can't check whether search is being performed or not since isset for keyword always returns true. We can check whether it's empty or not but then empty keyword is not seen as search.