News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

component/virtuemart appearing in some URLs

Started by pritmadlani, August 01, 2018, 13:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pritmadlani

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help please?  I have a question regarding the 'component/virtuemart' that appears in URLs.

So I have three categories.  When I click on the product within two of the categories, I get the 'component/virtuemart' appear in the URLs.  However, within the other category, the 'component/virtuemart' does not appear.

I have added all three as hidden menus and then added them as URLs within the 'Main Menu' option.

I am a bit confused as all three look to be identical in terms of options, but I must be missing something.

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks,

Prit

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pritmadlani

Hello,

I just cleared the cache (under the 'System' option) and the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks.

loppan

I had this problem a lot, before. It usually worked fine - but not always - and clearing the cache, as you say, usually helped. But the issue came back from time to time.

I haven't had it for a while and I'm not sure exactly what the solution was, but, it seems important to actually have a menu item - such as www.domain.com/shop, and then place your categories under that. I didn't want that at first, but eventually I gave in, and it probably helped.

The recent vm versions seems to have more options for SEO urls as well, so make sure you're updated ;).

I'm on 3.2.15, and now with a proper menu structure, and I haven't had this problem quite some time, hopefully it will never come back :)

cheers