News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Selling virtual stuff (in my case tables at a show)

Started by Troels_E, November 29, 2017, 21:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troels_E

J! 3.8.2
VM 3.2.6

Hi
I want to use VM to let companies register for our tradeshow. What I need is basically their company information to put on invoice and what zone and how many tables/m2 they need. All this is pretty standard and I can do it like any product I guess.

What I need to know is this:
I want to approve their registration before they are presented to a order confirmation and a way to pay (which would be bank and Paypal), is that possible, how?

Flow would be like this.
Costumer/exhibitor reads about the show visits website and decides he want to be part of it.
- He goes to our VM product detail, selects the Zone and the amount of meters he need and is presented with a total.
- He confirms the order/registration
- I receive the registration but want to approve it before costumer can do more in regards to payment (I usually get many exhibitors registering that does not suit our type of show).
- Costumer/exhibitor gets our approval and receives order confirmation but pays how?

Jörgen

Hello

This could be an idea.

I use the plugin finalize order from daycounts.

This makes it possible to reopen an order and pay it if it is waiting.

The trick would be to make the order confirmed  by cutomer after the checkout, maybe use the standard payment plugin.

And later make it pending when approved by You and let the customer choose a payment option and finalize the order.

just my 2 cents

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.