News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

required fields (user registration)

Started by mieciow, November 27, 2017, 22:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mieciow

Hello people. I am setting up a virtuemart and in the user register there are some fields with * (mandatory), I need some of these fields are not mandatory .. to turn the code here and I do not think where to unmark ... does anyone know ???

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aftertaf

Hi,
I have a similar question/request...

Currently I have Email, Username, Displayed Name & Password 1 + 2..
All 5 show in the Shopper Field screen as mandatory, with a padlock indicating they come from Joomla! core.
I'd like to not have to force usage of the username & displayed name, but just use mail address.

I'm also redirecting the Joomla! login/registration process for it to use VM ones instead (to be sure we get valid shopper information like phone & address...

Googling got me this page : https://joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/7392/joomla-registration-remove-unneeded-fields
and i will probably try the template override technique that is suggested as an answer. Was wondering if there's an easier way though..

jjk

You could also unpublish the Joomla login module and use the VM login in the cart view only. It is not required for the shop and also helps to keep some spambots away.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

aftertaf

Quote from: jjk on January 01, 2018, 20:17:16 PM
You could also unpublish the Joomla login module and use the VM login in the cart view only. It is not required for the shop and also helps to keep some spambots away.
well in my case that's what i'm doing..
However, when i set fields to be Not Required (displayed name as example) the  * disappears from the field but upon saving it still shows as required..
So we can't override the joomla core user fields required.. ?