News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to set shipping fees per product and country + state

Started by titolin10, November 27, 2017, 17:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titolin10

Hello everyone.

I wonder if someone can explain to me how I can set the shipping fees as the following description:

I have products with different shipping costs and this cost should change depending on the country or state that the customer will choose.

(e.g  The countries I ship to is 3 countries and each country has some states (e.g 10 different states)

So now the product should have 3 primary different shipping prices depending on the country (e.g country1 fee $10, country2 fee $15, country3 fee $20)

and after that the product should has additional shipping fee for each state of each country.

e.g

PRODUCT_A
country1 Primary fee $10
- state1  additional fee $2,
- state2  additional fee $3.5,

country1 Primary fee $15
- state1 for country2 additional fee $4, -
- state2 for country2 additional fee $3,

country3 Primary fee $20
- state1 for country3 additional fee $1.40, -
- state2 for country3 additional fee $5,

PRODUCT_B
country1 Primary fee $8
- state1  additional fee $1,
- state2  additional fee $2,

country1 Primary fee $13
- state1 for country2 additional fee $2, -
- state2 for country2 additional fee $6,

country3 Primary fee $18
- state1 for country3 additional fee $2, -
- state2 for country3 additional fee $4,

The rules should be applied to the cart depending on the customer selected country and selected state.

I hope to have clear answer regarding to the above.

Thank you

GJC Web Design

I think you would need a bespoke coded plugin -- extend the standard one.. 
I don't know of any shipping plugins using country and state.. most are postcode based etc

I would set up a method for each country and extend the core ship plugin to have state selection as well - but not simple
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum