News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

virtuemart urls for products and search

Started by kiasati, November 20, 2017, 16:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiasati

Hi

i had a category named "smart-product". i changed it to "smart products". when i checked my site with a crawler i realized that i have the products in it in both:
www.example.com/smart-product/product-detail
www.example.com/smart-products/product-detail
i checked and in both menu and product categories alias is "smart products".
why has this happend? how can i solve it?

there are some URLs indexed by google that are making problems.
www.example.com/results,458-547
they have "results," in them like the URL above.
how these URLs are created? where in virtuemart? how can i prevent virtuemart form creating these kine of urls?

Thanks

jjk

1. Probably cached pages. Clear all your site caches from the Joomla menu 'System > Clear Cache'.
2. Google tries to follow all links it can find. Those 'results...' should be from following the links from your pagination settings for the list box in the 'Configuration > Templates' page. However, your example looks strange to me, because the number is descending (results, 458-547). In general those pagination links indexed by Google don't hurt at all, because the pages actually exist and their source code includes a canonical url.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

You need to add a redirect rule for your old category smart-product to smart-products in your .htaccess file.
If the shop is in the root www.example.com/smart-product/product-detail is valid if the alias product-detail is a product, so no 404 at all(vm dont check anymore for category to set 404, but only to set the
Joomla menu itemid)