News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do I duplicate the product (Save as copy) or (Duplicate)

Started by titolin10, November 20, 2017, 14:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

Quote from: Jörgen on November 22, 2017, 17:25:29 PM

Today I upload the images via ftp or Joomla media manager. Then I either use empty already created media or duplicate medias in myphpadmin. Not so elegant, speeding this up would be great.
Just changing the directory product in the productview when loading the image would be great. Assigning image works, but not uploading, then it always uses the "product" directory.
Do you mean that you manually set the name each time ?

Perhaps a right solution, is to use first select category alias to pre-fill a text input, so if you need, you change it manually?

Jörgen

Hello Patrick

If I have a media item i can assign an already uploaded image to tha media item. This is all good. But if I instead decide to upload an image on the product editing page it is going to be uploaded to the url that is set under the VM configuration. I can understand that VM uses a "standard" directory, but I dont really get why an assignment to another directory works and not uploading writing the same url. Maybe it could easily be fixed in VM, but I don' t have the time no to suggest a fix for this.

Naming the file is not the issue, deciding in which directory it will be stored is the goal.

It would be nice to have some fields filled in from the product and if I change the URL to products/mydirectory it would be nice to have the file uploaded to that location. This maybe is to much work to implement right now, but it would be essential for me. I am surprised that no one else has experienced difficulties with directories that have more than 10 000 files. Are they using remote URL for the images ? I only have about 2500 products but some of the products have up to 10 images and this caused problems when handling the files in the directory. My solution will not give me an unlimited amount of files to upload, but this way I have moved the limit a bit. I hope it will take some time before I get into a 10 000 file limitation again.

I hope I was clear enough  :)

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Studio 42

I have many user having same problem.
In ftp most time you are limited to 1000 files, so you cannot manage using FTP.
Using sftp, it work, but it's damn slow when you update the directory.
So yes, using subfolder cood be a nice feature.
What i can do in  my plugin, is to check the current sub-directories and a dropdown, so you can select the right directory for uploads.
In your case for eg. you have the choice tu uplaod to to a subdirectory using a select list :

• - upload in subfolder -
  • lensadapter
  • straps
  • othersubfolder

titolin10

Dear Studio 42

from my understanding to your plugin. It can upload multi files "images" then I need to fill the images in to the product using "Search for images" tool.

It will also take some time for adding images one..  only with avoiding reload page every time.. that's all

Jörgen

Hello Studio 42

This sounds great. A dropdown minimizes the room for error. I will get your plugin and I think this plugin will be great feature to have.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Studio 42

Quote from: titolin10 on November 23, 2017, 05:50:27 AM
Dear Studio 42

from my understanding to your plugin. It can upload multi files "images" then I need to fill the images in to the product using "Search for images" tool.

It will also take some time for adding images one..  only with avoiding reload page every time.. that's all

You dont have to add the images manually, this get uploaded and added directly in the product you are in(if you selected to auto add images in the plugin config).

Studio 42

Jorgen,
i added your request.
See http://pro.st42.fr/fr/multi-upload-in-folder.html the3 files get uploaded in 2 folders.
And you can change or add folder at anytime, directly in the product.
https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/multi-upload-images.htm have already the update

Jörgen

Hello Patrick

I have bought, installed and used Your plugin. Works great. It makes upload of images much easier. Thanks for adding support for subcategories :)

regards

Joergen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x