News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I duplicate the product (Save as copy) or (Duplicate)

Started by titolin10, November 20, 2017, 14:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titolin10

Hi again  ;D ;D ;D

VM 3.2.4
JOOMLA 3.8.2

I hope there is any solution to make duplication for the product like if I'm duplicating a topic in joomla articles manager.

Or for example if there any way to make save as a copy

because I faced a lot of cases when I have 4 or 5 products with the same details and prices ..etc. Then I just need to change one image so the problem I need to do all my work again and fill the same data.

titolin10

Sorry I think something went wrong when I was sending this post.

titolin10

I did it using "clone product" button. :D

I'm sorry for repeating the post by mistake.

Jörgen

Hello

If You have Products with data that should be common to more Products. Please consider using a unpublished Product as template for the Children. Price, description etc can be inherited and save some time when updating.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

titolin10

titolin10

Mr Jörgen

In your signature you wrote "Virtuemart 3.2.5" and I don't find this version in "Download" page.

May you tell me how you downloaded this version or that was just a written mistake.

If there is a new release can you provide us a link to read about its new features ?

jenkinhill

Latest development version files for building installation packages are available in the repository  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/repository

Odd numbered versions are for testing purposes by experienced users, although some of us use them on live sites.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

titolin10

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 21, 2017, 12:29:53 PM
Latest development version files for building installation packages are available in the repository  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/repository

Odd numbered versions are for testing purposes by experienced users, although some of us use them on live sites.

That's awesome .. We hope to improve the image upload mechanism for the products because this tool lacks much improvement.
For example, if a user wants to add 1000 products to his site, each product must contain at least 10 images. Imagine how much time wasted in upload/save/upload/save/upload/save.

My sincere thanks to all great people who contribute to the work of this great project.

jenkinhill

Few people would want to add 1000 products at one time so this is unlikely to be a core feature. Of course anyone is welcome to create a plugin to add function to VM, so if this is a specific requirement you could write such a plugin or commission one from a developer, with the possibility of being able to sell the plugin to any other VM user.

For managing large sites I have used FTP combined with CSVi.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

You can use my tool https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/multi-upload-images.htm.
see screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kvin93YUJFQZuQbETBPj0CHsjQXh7_5M/view
This add an upload button in the main bar and a drag and drop button on the bottom (and confirm button+ preview if you prefer upload one by one)

Jörgen

@studio 42

I use this structure to more easisly manage more than 10 000 images;
product/directory-for-each-category
for example:

product/lensadapter/kf-m42-em-a.jpg
product/lensadapter/kf-m42-em-b.jpg
product/lensadapter/kf-m42-em-c.jpg

product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-a.jpg
product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-b.jpg
product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-c.jpg
product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-d.jpg

Is Your plugin capable to manage this ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Studio 42

Quote from: Jörgen on November 22, 2017, 17:03:56 PM
@studio 42

I use this structure to more easisly manage more than 10 000 images;
product/directory-for-each-category
for example:

product/lensadapter/kf-m42-em-a.jpg
product/lensadapter/kf-m42-em-b.jpg
product/lensadapter/kf-m42-em-c.jpg

product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-a.jpg
product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-b.jpg
product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-c.jpg
product/straps/kf-neck-strap-100-cm-d.jpg

Is Your plugin capable to manage this ?

regards

No, i never had this request.
Problem is to know the right category, if you have more then 1 category set in the product ? But it's possible add it in one hour, if you explain me how you manage it currently(i can for eg, get the first selected category from the category list and add this as saving folder)

Jörgen

Hello Studio 42
It is actually not following the categories that strict. I use a directory to store the images in that usually has the same name as the category for the product. I never thought of connecting them together this way.
Today I upload the images via ftp or Joomla media manager. Then I either use empty already created media or duplicate medias in myphpadmin. Not so elegant, speeding this up would be great.
Just changing the directory product in the productview when loading the image would be great. Assigning image works, but not uploading, then it always uses the "product" directory.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

Quote from: Studio 42 on November 22, 2017, 15:49:22 PM
You can use my tool https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/multi-upload-images.htm

Patrick, I did not know you had developed that plugin. As it resizes images too I may have a (non-VM) client site that could use it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Studio 42

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 22, 2017, 17:51:41 PM
Quote from: Studio 42 on November 22, 2017, 15:49:22 PM
You can use my tool https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/multi-upload-images.htm

Patrick, I did not know you had developed that plugin. As it resizes images too I may have a (non-VM) client site that could use it.
I have to check, but i think that you can add a resize plugin on com media, if your client use com media to upload.
You have a tirgger $dispatcher->trigger('onContentAfterSave', array('com_media.file', &$object_file, true)); that can resize any images and if needed remove the original uploaded file(or not).