Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multiple product pictures upload VM 3.2.4

Started by titolin10, November 20, 2017, 14:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titolin10

:-[
Hello everyone,

Is there any solution to select all images and upload it in one click without wasting time ?

I think it should be built in feature but I don't know where i should find it to activate.

I'm new with VirtueMart but I really start feel bad with it and even the template i purchased is really bad and I hope the problem is not coming from it (Impossible).

waiting for any help.

Thank you in advance :'(

GJC Web Design

no - there is no multi-upload ...

with large bulk product configuration most people use direct importer tools

Which template did u buy?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

aftertaf

you can upload images via FTP or joomla media manager, then 'discover' them with virtuemart media.
afterwards you add them all via name, one by one but quicker than upload/save/upload/save, etc..

titolin10

FTP is more boring and not useful if you have two or three employees for simple online jobs and they don't know what is meaning of FTP at all (or if you don't want to let them access to the core files of your website).

Actually it sound so funny upload/save/upload/save/upload/save/upload/save/upload/save  ;D ;D ;D ;D

This makes VirtueMart with very limited capacity and is not fit for actual use compared to other scripts.

I know that VM is designed for joomla users only but we hope in the next release we find more built in feature that can make us feel better and easy in use.

Poor features is not the way to make people purchase paid plugins to improve their online stores. For example I'm searching for a developer to build a component for me to let me use virtuemart in advanced uses.

more details about that here: https://goo.gl/cnwvoM

But now I feel every day that I can't invest in developing advanced component while the main component that I rely on is really poor and not useful enough.

May someone will say "oh, you complain about that, so better you make it by yourself"  ... Yes but the economic viability of an open source application must have its own considerations. This means that unique features make it easy to invest in open source application and greatly increase its popularity, and also helps to revive the lives of developers and increase the number of people they would to buy additional extensions and plugins.

I'm not ready to purchase a plugin that will give me a feature that should be built in in the main component .. But I'm fully prepared to purchase or invest in building new features that will give me unique control advantages. That is how things go.

I will wait wait for the next release before I take my final decision. and I hope that we will see amazing version.

Regarding to my template it's something cheap and not prepared well .. Maybe I'll buy another one soon but in most cases I'll need a unique design that no one else can use... That will be after my final decision if I will continue with Virtuemart or will move to another cart. It will be depending on the next release.
Thanks.

Studio 42

titolin10, your form https://goo.gl/cnwvoM has not enough choice for me.
because i do always
QuotePHP, MySQL, HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS3, JQuery and Node.js
Joomla Framework and system update requirements.
Integrating Joomla front-end web applications to back-end services
Familiar with code versioning tools such as GIT
VirtueMart extensions professional developer

For your problem, i have send you a link for multi upload to buy it in my shop in another post, i know this is missing in Virtuemart, i proposed the multi upload patch in 2013 for VM 2.0, (i was core developper) but Max dont wanted ajax upload because security(insecure is insecure, ajax or not) , So check with max, it's not a big task to modify it, but i don't propose myself patches, it's to many work to do it for SVN repository and max dont like github.
I'm ready to send him my plugin for free, if no Vm developer know how to do multi uploads, but only for the full community

titolin10

Quote from: Studio 42 on November 22, 2017, 23:17:59 PM
titolin10, your form https://goo.gl/cnwvoM has not enough choice for me.

Thank you for applying I will take your application to the top of the list as a core developer. Let me just see the next release 3.2.5. After that i will be taking a forward move to achieve my plan.

QuoteFor your problem, i have send you a link for multi upload to buy it in my shop in another post
Thank you for suggesting this solution, I appreciate that. It can be a solution for temporary but it can't be final if it's doesn't come from the core component.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aftertaf

how big a security risk is ajax ?
multi-upload would be cool... (just saying...)

Studio 42

Quote from: aftertaf on November 26, 2017, 22:13:40 PM
how big a security risk is ajax ?
multi-upload would be cool... (just saying...)
the risk for multi upload is null(or same as any other request), if you add all security for it.

titolin10

No reason to make Virtuemart so bad like that because of images uploader.

No need to use ajax for upload multiply. Unless we can feel okay with VM like those whom use Woocoommerce.

If anyone tried to use Woocommerce then you will know what I mean.

titolin10

I think basic code for multiple upload should be fine.. no need ajax but we still need multiple upload

It's not personal request because easily I can move to woocommerce. But I see that this request is popular here on the forum.

I don't want to say that it was a mistake to waste my time with virtuemart .. I can't say something like that because I'm joomla lover  :-*  and also there is a big efforts from the team  since years and long time ago to come out with Virtuemart as an open source for free.

All what we need to do now is to support the team by some patient and also maybe purchasing the membership can contribute a little.

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail

Finally it's big mistake to not add multiple uploader in Virtuemart. It Seem like if years of development has wasted.

jflash

I use 'Virtuemart Multiple Images Upload Plugin' from CMSmart. Its $40, but saves time :) I know, it will be better if this functionality is in core, but it is not yet :)

Studio 42

Quote from: jflash on November 29, 2017, 07:28:32 AM
I use 'Virtuemart Multiple Images Upload Plugin' from CMSmart. Its $40, but saves time :) I know, it will be better if this functionality is in core, but it is not yet :)
https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/multi-upload-images.htm do same for 10€ only ;)