News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Manufacturer Show All Products No Longer Works

Started by echoblue, November 16, 2017, 22:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

echoblue

I do not know if this started with the last update to VM or has to do with something else. No one had pointed this out to us and so it may have been broken for some time.

I am having a problem with my store - I do not know when this began, or how to solve it. I have read many of the topics that sounded related on here - but never the exact same problem.

I cannot click a link on a manufacturer logo and get to view all products. It loads an empty page (the rest of the page loads, just no products) but a link using the manufacturer ID will load the products

For example:
This will show nothing: (this is the link you get by clicking on manufacturer logo from a product page)
blackforestwood.com/index.php/online-catalog/manufacturer/ecopoxy

This will load all products:
blackforestwood.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=35

If you add a category that many products are in it will also work, but not necessarily display all items:
blackforestwood.com/index.php/online-catalog/manufacturer/ecopoxy/adhesives

So first for troubleshooting:
I have tried to disable any recently installed plugins, did not fix it
Tried turning off show manufacturer logo, did not fix it
Made sure every manufacturer had a photo and at least one item, did not fix it
Every parent product has a manufacturer set

Using firefox developer tools I did get a red error which did not come up when I went to copy it for this post, but it was something along the lines of "could not load (...com_virtuemart/assets/css...) jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css?vmver=838accc9" (I pieced this together from google search history - I didn't have the foresight to take a screenshot)

Any suggestions or solutions are appreciated. I don't know if it is related to joomla (3.7.5) virtuemart (3.2.4) or cleanmart (3.9.7)

Jörgen

Hello

Update Joomla, your version is unsecure.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

echoblue

Sorry, I copied this from another forum I had posted on. I am on 3.8.2 joomla. This issue has been ongoing for several months.

I at first thought it to be a template issue. It doesn't seem that way. One suggestion was to make a hidden menu for every manufactuer to control SEF. Very time consuming for like 50 or more manufacturers, and had no impact.

jjk

Quote from: echoblue on November 17, 2017, 14:54:31 PM
I at first thought it to be a template issue.
Does it work if you disable SEF in VirtueMart and Joomla? (clear all cache to see the result)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

echoblue

No manufacturer page is still blank with no products - but my other issue of not being able to go to 2nd page of search results is resolved when I do this.

jjk

Did you also check if the same error occurs when using Joomla's 'Prototype' template? Might be that a feature in your current template requires an update.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations