News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

drop down (single select) - Required to choose an option

Started by blackrat999, November 14, 2017, 16:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrat999

I have setup a drop down box in the "shopper Fields" checkout so the user can state where they heard about the shop. This is set as "required" but i cant figure out how to have -Select- at the top so they have to choose an option. I can add Select as an option and hope they change it to a valid option but they dont !!

Personally i wouldnt have this as an extra way to put the customer off buying but my client wants it!

How can i achieve this please?

Studio 42

blackrat999

Thanks for taking the time to reply but i dont understand what you mean, can you expand a bit please?

Studio 42

The userfields options cannot be set as required in core.
so adding -Select- mean select is valid, so better not use it and set the first option as the most common option

blackrat999

That is the point really it works fine but i cant get "Select" to NOT be a chosen option. If i remove it and leave it as the most preferred option then i dont get the correct response from the user as they just leave it on what it is.
i want it to be like the Country and Title fields so that they HAVE to change it from --Select--
Can you explain how i can achieve this please?
many thanks

blackrat999

This must be "possible" ?
If anyone wants to quote me for achieving it there is a small budget available.

thanks

blackrat999

Ah that looks perfect - will i be able to put a dropdown selection box that must be selected before you can purchase anything?
and put it anywhere in the cart?

Studio 42

The demo have an empty option.
If you dont select another option, you cannot purchase the product.
The plugin have a  required  and a  empty option  setting.
If you set empty option to YES, then the value set in the placeHolder is displayed(by default choose a variant)
If you set required to YES, then the list is always controlled and need to have a valid option.
It's controlled by PHP and cannot be hacked, you can remove the value from the form this get always controlled