Started by florihana, November 03, 2017, 08:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

florihana

Hi Experts:

Joomla: 3.6.5
virtueMartm : 3.0.8

I had recently found that in virtuemart, the status pending issue:

1. user finished payment either paypal or credit cart

2. in Backoffice virtuemart/orders, we could see the order status is in Pending if payment bank is not sent back confirme message

3. And after a while we could see new order in backoffice but it is the same order, the different is order status is payment confirmed or payment refused

so my question is:
Is possible keep in the same order instead of increase order numbers until the payment bank retuned accepted message ?

see attachment: the order is the same order but increase new order cause the payment status changed, wonder if it possible keep in the same order

thank you so much

Jörgen

Hello

You have an old and insecure Joomla and VM version, please make sure You update. The template will probably also need changes because of the update.

Keeping the same order number, is the default behaviour. The problem should be in the payment plugin. Check with the plugin designer.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

florihana

Thanks Jörgen,

I knew it should be Update Joomla and virtuemart but it is big work since had 1000 visiter by days

So here I just like to know something basic first, when user go to bank or paypal page then cancel the payment , order_status in back office is pending instead of cancle

is this normal? or it has to do some function like plgVmOnCancelPayment to return status == x ?

thank you

Jörgen

Hello

This is normal, depends on how he cancelled. If VM desn´t get feedback how can VM now what has happend? Then VM can only keep pending.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

florihana

I see, so I wonder the order_status == x (cancel), how could this order_status show in what condition?

so far I had test in the store but nothing happened  to cancel instead of change status by our self

thank you Jörgen

Jörgen

Sometimes when people abort in paypal. Paypal sees this and the updates VM orderstatus. But e.g closing browser at Paypal can lead to a miss.
But it should update the same order number. If not the payment plugin is not working as i t should, then it misfires of course. Which payment plugin ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x